Butchie Bar update

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Butchie Bar update

Postby Joeb » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Stay away. This does not work unless you modify with re drilling out the holes. at least in my case. Joeb
Joeb

Re: Butchie Bar update

Postby nasonm » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:41 am

If I was gonna get something like that I'd probably get the Vibramate String Spoiler

http://www.vibramate.com/vibramate-string-spoiler.php
nasonm

Postby ralphnjoann » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:11 pm

I think it was Paul Yandell who came up with the idea of pulling the pins out of the bar, then drilling the hole through to the other side. The strings went through the hole and on to the tuners.
ralphnjoann

Postby Mike Nye » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:09 am

ralphnjoann wrote:I think it was Paul Yandell who came up with the idea of pulling the pins out of the bar, then drilling the hole through to the other side. The strings went through the hole and on to the tuners.

OR, you can change strings on yer Bigsby the EZ way, and also keep it stock . . .

Just squeeze the brass ball ends outta round with pliers, just enough for them to slightly bind on the pins. That way, they won't keep falling off while re-stringing. Now, you can change one string at a time without pullin' yer hair out!

Then, by the time you're ready to re-string again, the ball end holes have re-rounded just enough to where the strings come off with ease.
If BRUTE-FORCE isn't working, you're not using enough ! ! !
Mike Nye

Postby ralphnjoann » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:53 pm

Mike Nye wrote:
ralphnjoann wrote:I think it was Paul Yandell who came up with the idea of pulling the pins out of the bar, then drilling the hole through to the other side. The strings went through the hole and on to the tuners.

OR, you can change strings on yer Bigsby the EZ way, and also keep it stock . . .

Just squeeze the brass ball ends outta round with pliers, just enough for them to slightly bind on the pins. That way, they won't keep falling off while re-stringing. Now, you can change one string at a time without pullin' yer hair out!

Then, by the time you're ready to re-string again, the ball end holes have re-rounded just enough to where the strings come off with ease.

...or you can attach the string to the Bigsby, keep tension on it whilst clamping it to the fretboard with a capo, then attach it to the tuning peg.
ralphnjoann

Postby Mike Nye » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:06 am

ralphnjoann wrote:
Mike Nye wrote:

...or you can attach the string to the Bigsby, keep tension on it whilst clamping it to the fretboard with a capo, then attach it to the tuning peg.

Yes, you can use a capo, but it's much quicker to slightly pinch the brass ball ends with pliers. Even quicker, if you pinch two or three sets of strings at a time . . .
If BRUTE-FORCE isn't working, you're not using enough ! ! !
Mike Nye

Postby BillB » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:28 am

I still use the wedge eraser method that Norm (the Norm) suggested back in earlier Chetbord days. I don't take all of the strings off at the same time, but I clean the fretboard and middle part of the guitar as I go. To me, it's a bigger chore to replace strings on my classical, but even that's not a big deal to me. I'm just too lazy to do it as often as I should. :D

Bill Bailey
BillB

Return to Guitars and Equipment