Looking For Georgy Girl Tab?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Looking For Georgy Girl Tab?

Postby rob » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:27 am

Just wondering if anyone could guide me to the tab for Georgy Girl as recorded on the album Solo Flights?
Regards
Rob(uk)
rob

Re: Looking For Georgy Girl Tab?

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:47 pm

Rob, here is a link to a site that has some tab of that song and says it's Chet's arrangement. I've never checked out this tab, but give it a try. There are some great songs here.

http://www.acousticfingerstyle.com/midi ... #DanBishop

It has a PDF file and a .TEF file for the TablEdit program, plus an MP3 where you can hear the arrangement to see if it is what you want. Hope it is the right version. Have fun.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby AngusH » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:09 am

Hi Rob - I'm pretty sure it's also in Marcel Dadi Picks With Chet Atkins Vol. 2 which can be pretty hard to find these days. If you'd like a copy let me have an email address and I'll scan and send it to you.

Angus
AngusH

Postby rob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:27 am

Ok thanks all, just discovered i have the Marcel Dadi book vol 2 it was buried in the loft, i just have to work out the solo sections in the middle of the recordings which are not in the book. The midi chet site is a great resource too :mrgreen:
Thank you
Rob(uk)
rob

Postby DagerRande » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:02 am

Amazing that you'd mention this! I was just in Richard Smith's studio last week and he played "Georgie Girl" on my new

Kirk Sand that I took over there for him to see and evaluate. Before he started, he said "This is my new ear-worm".

One thing I can tell you is that he tuned down the low E string to D but still played it in C.

You might be able to contact him through FaceBook Messenger and ask him?
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Hendrik » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:55 am

Rob, I worked it out not too long ago, as well as some other tunes from the Solo Flights LP. I worked it out by ear, including the solo. I don’t use or create tabs, but I can make a breakdown video for you if that helps.
Hendrik

Postby DagerRande » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:30 pm

Hendrik, I think you could create the tab enough for a person to learn from it. I've created a few "tabs" by using the Tabledit program, although I don't do well with the timing. A person must have already been familiar with the tune in order to use it. That's how I taught "Sesame Street" to Eddie!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Hendrik » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:14 pm

DagerRande wrote:Hendrik, I think you could create the tab enough for a person to learn from it. I've created a few "tabs" by using the Tabledit program, although I don't do well with the timing. A person must have already been familiar with the tune in order to use it. That's how I taught "Sesame Street" to Eddie!

Well, I have done that for myself and showed it very occasionally to others, but I rather do a sloppy breakdown video :lol:.
Hendrik

Postby Hendrik » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:23 pm

Here is my take on the solo of Georgy Girl. I start with playing it at normal speed and then a breakdown. It's not great, but hope this helps you Rob.

Hendrik

Postby rob » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:23 pm

Wow Hendrik thats amazing, i've been busy working so not been around but ill start on it next week.....thanks again..
Rob(uk)
rob

Next

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins