where is Doug Working?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

where is Doug Working?

Postby rhirvine » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:32 pm

I used to see Doug's name on most posts many times the first and last post on a topic he started. I remember he had some health problems a while back. I hope he's OK. All the best to you Doug!
rhirvine

Re: where is Doug Working?

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Rich, I've seen him post on Facebook a few times about Chet and guitarsts, but not in the last couple of weeks.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby DagerRande » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:29 pm

Doug is one of my FaceBook friends and I see him multiple times each day. He seems to be focusing more on unusual words and even created a special FB group to familiarize people with words that might not have been in their vocabulary.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby rhirvine » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:06 pm

Thanks Rande and Ray. I was worried about his health but now it seems he is focusing on other interests of his, words. I learned a new word lately thanks to the author Dean Koontz. He uses many uncommon words in his novels. Anyhow I learned the word 'nave' which is a large rectangular room within a church building designed to hold most of the congregation. Our Pastor was having trouble coming up with a word or phrase to describe our "main meeting room". Of course "sanctuary" just doesn't get it. The beauty of my Kindle E reader is, all I have to do is touch the word and it goes to some vast dictionary and gives me an ample definition. Just love it! Plus since I do most of my reading in bed at night, I don't get bothered by the "floaters" which I've been troubled with for many years now.
rhirvine

Postby DagerRande » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:34 am

Rich, your explanation and description of why and how you enjoy learning new words sounds to me like you have an engineering background! :-) Aren't you impressed that I could identify you as having had a background in driving trains just by your use of words? :D
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:11 pm

Guys I’m still alive and kickin’, but I appreciate all your thoughts!!

Been fightin’ an infection lately, but still here.

A lot of my time is spent taking care of my elderly mom. I’m her primary care-taker.

Also been working very hard on creating and practicing new magic tricks for my big magic show @ 4H fair next June. I start months ahead of time as it is a massive week long event that runs for one week and requires me to have hundreds of magic effects polished and ready to go. I call it my annual magic marathon.
Doug Working

Postby rhirvine » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Thanks for the update Doug. I hope 2020 will be a healthier year for you especially since you take care of your mother. You sure have many interests not the least of which is Chet Atkins style of guitar playing.
rhirvine

Re: where is Doug Working

Postby Doug Working » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:09 pm

You’re right. I really think my biggest fault in life is spreading myself too thin.

But I can’t help it. I was just cursed with multiple talents and a lot of times I don’t know if I’m coming or going.

With caring for mom, well, it takes a lot of time as her needs are 24/7. She fell again today while I was at church. But church is pretty indispensable for me. GOT to give God his time.

Anyway, like I said, it takes a lot of time to take care of an elderly mom, so each day I have a tiny window of alone time to work on my interests. It’s either practicing guitar, practicing my magic show, working on my FB group which you mentioned, working on my cartoon vocal impersonations, and sometimes I’m an actor in plays in community theatre. But the thing is I only have a small amount of time each day to devote to things, so you can imagine the others suffer from being on the back burner. Right now my guitar playing is crap, because I’ve been working on that magic show for 4H.

But my love for Chet will never die. Even if my guitar gathers dust, Chet is always my numero uno hero.

I do however still play guitar in church.
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins