Trying to get my guitar education.

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Re: Trying to get my guitar education.

Postby Ray Bohlken » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:13 pm

I finally found a video of Chet playing a Country Gent II. He added the Bigsby - I don't think they came with one normally. Paul looks like he is playing the "Peaver". Great video.
Ray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAiZE9fh4Gw
Ray Bohlken

Postby guitarchuck » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:36 pm

Ray,
That's not the Peaver. I owned the Peaver for several years. It does look to be a Strat type guitar that Paul possibly put together. No name on the headstock. Micah would know if he sees this post.
guitarchuck

Postby Doug Working » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Sure must be nice to always have access to and be able to play the finest guitars in the world.

But Chet and Paul earned it.
Doug Working

Postby rkk2786 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:58 pm

That guitar that dad is playing is a Strat Elite that they gave him, I have the paper work on that guitar. He changed the pickup's and electronics and put a different neck on it, he was always improving his guitars back then. I still have all the original electronics and pickgaurd that was on that guitar. I've been trying to get that guitars back for years now, I know where it is, but no luck on getting it back. He used that guitar a bunch, it's in a couple of those video's with Chet.

Micah
rkk2786

Postby Doug Working » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:21 pm

You're Paul's son?
Doug Working

Postby rkk2786 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:52 pm

What's left of him!

Micah
rkk2786

Postby Doug Working » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:59 pm

So the answer is yes?

I wouldn't have asked in the first place, but sometimes we use the word "dad" in a figurative sense. In that sense I feel Chet is my dad I know to most of us he sure feels like a father.
Doug Working

Postby Ray Bohlken » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:59 pm

guitarchuck wrote:Ray,
That's not the Peaver. I owned the Peaver for several years. It does look to be a Strat type guitar that Paul possibly put together. No name on the headstock. Micah would know if he sees this post.

Oops. I knew I should have checked before I posted. I knew the Peaver was a Strat type guitar and just made an assumption. I should know better. Thanks for the info.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby guitarchuck » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:11 pm

Micah,
Thanks for posting the info on your Dad's guitar. It's always good to hear the details. I hope you can get that guitar back.
guitarchuck

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:26 pm

rkk2786 wrote:That guitar that dad is playing is a Strat Elite that they gave him, I have the paper work on that guitar. He changed the pickup's and electronics and put a different neck on it, he was always improving his guitars back then. I still have all the original electronics and pickgaurd that was on that guitar. I've been trying to get that guitars back for years now, I know where it is, but no luck on getting it back. He used that guitar a bunch, it's in a couple of those video's with Chet.

Micah

Thanks for the info, Micah. I wish I knew how to do those changes to guitars to improve them. I can change the height of a bridge or the height of the pickup adjustment screws to get a little better sound, but anything else is WAY beyond me. Your Dad and Chet had the knack for that. I sure admire them for that ability. It would be neat to be able to do that.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Previous

Return to Guitars and Equipment