Broken Chet Style Guitar. Where To Go To Fix It?

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Broken Chet Style Guitar. Where To Go To Fix It?

Postby Doug Working » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm not in a happy state. My beloved Chet Epiphone nylon string electric is broke and I can't play it until I figure out how to get it fixed. The input jack wore out. When I would play, I would get horrible static sounds. So I took it down to the local music store where I bought it a few years ago, and they found an input jack in stock and tried to solder it for me.  But the spots where you connect up the wires and the ground were totally different, and it just wouldn't work. Even worse, they tell me the jack is a very UNCOMMON one, and they don't know where to get a replacement. This store used to be an Epiphone dealer way back then, but no longer is.

So I now  have this useless Chet guitar that I want very badly to play, and I'm turning to the Chetboard because surely there is someone here who is knowledgable about these things and can help me and steer me in the right direction.

Please help!

Doug
Doug Working

Re: Broken Chet Style Guitar. Where To Go To Fix It?

Postby DAN SAGE » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:06 pm

IS IT POSSIBLE TO POST A PICTURE OF THE INPUT JACK AND THE WIRING THAT ATTACHES TO IT?
DAN SAGE

Postby Doug Working » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:14 pm

Can that be done on the Chetboard from an I-phone? I-phone is all I have. I don't have a home p.c. anymore.
Doug Working

Postby Larry Consley » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:24 pm

Doug, if you will go on e-bay and search for Chet Atkins Epiphone you will find an international seller that has 2 wiring looms for your guitar. It includes the jack you are having problems with. The price is $50.37 US with $16.79 shipping charges.
Larry Consley

Postby Doug Working » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Holy cow!!! That's a truckload of cash for a guy with no income!!

And E-bay is out for me. I used to do it when they accepted good old American money orders, then they got too big for their own britches and decided that they were too good for money orders.

With the price and the inaccessability of it I may be screwed!
Doug Working

Postby Larry Consley » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:25 am

Doug, I came across an output jack that may work on your guitar. Fender uses this type of output jack on their Nashville Power Tele and Deluxe Power Strat. The part number is Fender 005-6055-000. You can search the net to find a supplier. Hope this helps.

P.S. Amazon also has this output jack.

Larry
Larry Consley

Return to Guitars and Equipment