George & the other guys....medley

Watch and share videos from youtube

George & the other guys....medley

Postby Douglas » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:20 pm

Here's real quick video I did experimenting with the camera my better half gave me. Tried to model this after a medley I heard Chet do on the television sometime back in the mid-early 70's. Can't remember the name of the show, but I believe he did use his Superchet guitar. I think he also played Mr. Bojangles on the same show. His Beatles medley did start with Little Help from Friends, And I Love Her, Something, and finishing off with Lady Madonna. I added Can't be Love to the front and worked out an arrangement for George's lead break on All My Loving (still one of my favorite solo's by George) to end it.

After doing the live video, I doubled the guitar to see how it would sound. I think the Bigsby knocked it a bit out of tune on the video track as it has a bit of a "chorus" effect when the doubled guitar was added. Makes me think of Jerry Reed's comment to Chet on the Bottom Line concert video telling him that if "we're out of tune it sounds like more of us". :) :)
Please note that all "miss steaks" we're planned out ahead of time and intentional.. :lol:

Doug

Douglas

Re: George & the other guys....medley

Postby Roger Pratt » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:21 pm

Very nicely done Doug!! Thanks!
Roger Pratt

Postby DagerRande » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:34 am

Douglas, that was nice! Ironically "Money Can't Buy Me Love" was my very first Chet Atkins style tune that I ever learned, soon after his Beatles' album came out. Most people mention "Windy & Warm" or some other introductory song but for some reason I decided to tackle this one to achieve the thumb and finger independence! I threw down the flat pick that I had been using from the age of 5 until 16 and "upgraded" to Chet. Thanks for sharing it!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Douglas » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:48 am

Roger Pratt wrote:Very nicely done Doug!! Thanks!

Thanks Roger. By the way I've been meaning to ask, is that a Kirk Sand guitar on your YouTube video (https://youtu.be/gySeeJAxhRY)? Really like your playing on that!
Doug
Douglas

Postby Roger Pratt » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi Doug.... Thanks for the nice words! It is a 1996 Kirk Sand with Gibson pickups. I am thinking about putting it up for sale. If you know of anyone that might be interested let me know. It is in beautiful condition.
Roger Pratt

Postby Douglas » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Roger Pratt wrote:Hi Doug.... Thanks for the nice words! It is a 1996 Kirk Sand with Gibson pickups. I am thinking about putting it up for sale. If you know of anyone that might be interested let me know. It is in beautiful condition.

Thanks for letting me know. I've a 1989 Kirk Sand with the Gibson pickup similar to yours but with the upper bout like the Gibson Studio. Great guitar that I bought from a local eBay seller. Sounds good acoustically or amplified. I'm sure there would be someone on this board who would jump at buying yours given the chance.

Doug
Attachments
image.jpeg
Douglas

Return to Video Files