Revisit "Bring Me Sunshine"

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Revisit "Bring Me Sunshine"

Postby rhudson » Fri May 03, 2013 8:13 am

A couple of months ago I posted my version of Bring Me Sunshine. It was rather short, so I added another modulation and another stanza to make it a little longer. It still is just under 2 minutes, but there is a little more variety. The arrangement is quite different from Chet's very excellent version. Guitar playing is not a competition. This is just another interpretation. I hope you enjoy it.

https://www.box.com/s/d5tx0qg71jqw2k7icxaq

Thanks for listening,

Richard
rhudson

Re: Revisit "Bring Me Sunshine"

Postby ajbremer » Fri May 03, 2013 8:26 am

My ears had their morning treat! Thank you Richard, that tune was cool, clean, clear, and...really good too!

Thank you again for taking time out and recording and posting that for us.
ajbremer

Postby rhudson » Fri May 03, 2013 9:00 am

Thanks, Allan. I appreciate you taking the time to listen.
rhudson

Postby Dwayne Monroe » Fri May 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Richard,
I really enjoy and admire your playing. I wish I still lived in Sherman, TX. so maybe I could wander up
to Ardmore and get some pointers from you. Your version of Bring Me Sunshine is very good. I have
listened to Bill Patrick's arrangement as well as Chet's and you guys all do the piece justice. I wish there
was video with it so I could see What your hands are doing. Also, you and Bill have excellent backing
tracks. Hopefully Mark will sometime arrange a session on making backing tracks at CAAS.
Best Regards,
Dwayne
Dwayne Monroe

Postby rhudson » Fri May 03, 2013 3:46 pm

Thank you, Dwayne. To be mentioned along side Bill Patrick is indeed an honor for me. Bill is a very fine player and a good friend also. Of course Chet is the ultimate finger picker for all of us.

My backing tracks, when I use them, are all home made. On this one I brought in pinch rhythm after the first few measures, and then bass a little later on. They both stayed on for the rest of the cut. I have used a version of the pinch rhythm for a long time, but I didn't have a name for it. After getting acquainted with Paul, I saw what he was doing and he was kind enough to show me how he did it and also told me the name he had for it. It is merely an alternating bass and then with 2 or 3 fingers doing a pinch motion on the treble strings on the 2 and 4 beats. It is important to coordinate the bass notes on the guitar with the bass. The conflict is really noticeable when you don't.

I appreciate you taking the time to listen, Dwayne.
rhudson

Postby GaryL » Fri May 03, 2013 6:20 pm

That was Great Richard!
Thanks for posting.
GaryL
GaryL

Return to Audio files