Carvin NS1 For Chet Style?

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Carvin NS1 For Chet Style?

Postby rob » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:46 am

Just wondering if anyone had played the Carvin NS1 Chet style, any thoughts?
Regards
Rob(uk) :D
rob

Re: Carvin NS1 For Chet Style?

Postby tomidge » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:33 pm

I bought one in 2012. I like it a lot. Plays well and sounds great. I bought it knowing that my Gibson CEC ( 1991 ) was getting a lot miles on it and was going to be replaced eventually. I still play the Gibson , but I play the Carvin out more. It is some what lighter than the Gibson. Overall a good guitar for playing fingerstyle.
tomidge

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:19 pm

I watched this demo on You Tube and it looks like a fun guitar to play. Can you also play it with a normal guitar amp or do you have to have the MIDI equipment? I know that wouldn't take advantage of all the features, but, I'm just curious.
Ray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlUXq19NbHg
Ray Bohlken

Postby tomidge » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:35 am

You can use it with a regular amp. It has a 1/4 inch jack as well as a 13 pin midi jack. I use it with my Roland Gr 33 Synth for recording . What is neat about the midi is you can blend the synth sounds with the guitar sounds. It is a fun guitar to play. When I play out I just use the 1/4 inch jack to my amp and use the sound of the guitar. I think Carvin and Steve Oliver did a wonderful job designing this guiar
tomidge

Postby Ray Bohlken » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:29 pm

Thanks for the info. I really liked the MIDI things and it looks like it would be fun to play with. I probably would mostly play it through the guitar amp, since I am pretty trifling these days.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Return to Guitars and Equipment