Cordoba "Stage" looks interesting for reasonable price

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Cordoba "Stage" looks interesting for reasonable price

Postby Fred » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:29 pm

Since the beloved Gibson Studio nylon and two ton CE/CEC are getting ever more expensive, this new item from Cordoba has captivated my interest. Release date mid July.

https://youtu.be/Y23hmZLE8us?t=109
Fred

Re: Cordoba "Stage" looks interesting for reasonable price

Postby rob » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:37 am

Im intrigued by these also, did anyone ever look into or buy one of these guitars, i was also looking at the Godin deluxe but thats in a way higher price bracket........any thoughts anyone? Regard.
rob

Postby Fred » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:53 pm

Looks like Ibanez is getting in on the game too.https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... n-sunburst
Fred

Postby emjaybee94 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:46 pm

I have a Cordoba Stage on order, but it's going to be a few weeks before it arrives on my Doorstop. There are a lot of videos on Utube of people playing this guitar. It sounds as good as it looks. It has a special pickup system developed by Fishman and Cordoba. Reasonably priced as well. I get the impression that Cordoba cannot build them quick enough. I've had mine on order since February.

I currently play a Godin Multiac Steel. It's been my main guitar for nearly 4 years. That has an L R Baggs pickup system with a microphone plus a Seymour Duncan Lipstick pickup. They can be blended or played seperately. Great guitar, if a little expensive, but well worth the money.

Regards Mike
emjaybee94

Postby albertgen » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:42 pm

That looks really cool, wonder how the pickup sounds? Al
albertgen

Postby Fred » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:47 pm

albertgen wrote:That looks really cool, wonder how the pickup sounds? Al

I popped into a music store but they were just closing, so didn't have time to plug in... compared the Cordoba unplugged to the Ibanez. Ibanez was way nicer unplugged. Store manager told me the Cordoba had a lot of problems when they first received them and sent them back. Perhaps plugged in is a different story.
Fred

Postby Skip Ellis » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:11 am

I had one and sent it back. Beautiful guitar but didn't like the pickup system - if you got it adjusted for nice tone, it would pick up any noise from the body like shirt buttons, etc. I had a Godin before and liked it better - I'm in the process of building my own: JJB transducers and external preamp. It'll be mahogany with cedar top braced like a real classical.
Skip Ellis

Postby albertgen » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:49 pm

Pretty cool. The whole sound is in the pick-up. I have seen recently someone reintroduced the Prismatone. I am thinking of replacing my Studio Classic with the Prismatone. I never liked the Chet Atkins Gibson classical pickups. Thankyou, Albert
albertgen

Return to Guitars and Equipment