Chet's Influence

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Chet's Influence

Postby Von » Thu May 09, 2019 7:28 pm

When it comes to guitar players.. they all say emphatically that Chet was their Hero! If they were ever lucky enough to have played with him they just couldn’t handle the pressure well.

Here’s such an example from a killer guitar player in his own right… Nobody does it like Chet!
If you listen closely, you will hear lots of licks played in this video that are from Chet's earlier albums with slight alterations.

https://youtu.be/Stv3ugVFZD8

Von
Von

Re: Chet's Influence

Postby DagerRande » Thu May 09, 2019 10:03 pm

One big eye-opener for me regarding Vince was back in the early 90's when I was playing behind Mickey Rooney's wife Jan in the L.A. area and we were on the Vicki Lawrence Show, which was next door to the "Tonight Show" and Vince was one of the guests. I met him in a hallway during a long break and was running through a few Chet things and wasn't expecting to meet him looking down at me and he was very complimentary and told me what a huge fan he was of Chet and that he could never get the hang of his style and had to continue using a flat pick.

He's one of the best Telecaster players around but never did much finger picking. Chet eventually gave Vince one of his guitars. Chet's wife Leona was a huge fan of Vince, who eventually was one of the pall-bearers at Chet's funeral.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Announcement and News