Do you want to hear some great music?

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Do you want to hear some great music?

Postby John Rice » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:54 am

Anyone that plays the guitar needs to order Darrell Toney's new CD "Nashville Heroes, Mentors, & Friends. Along with Darrell's great vocals is some amazing guitar playing by Darrell, James Burton, and Brent Mason along with some of the top Nashville session players on the other instruments - you'll recognize the names. This CD has a wide variety of music including one cut with Darrell and the Imperials that is extremely well done. Anyone that knows Darrell is aware that he is an amazing master of Jerry Reed tunes and he includes "Lightening Rod" on track 8 that will blow you away. I'm enthusiastic about this new release because it features superb musicianship. And if you miss that kind of thing based on a lot of the material out there now, you will find yourself hanging on every tune on this CD. I thought I'd just sit and listen to it the first day I got it - I wasn't half way through the first song and I had to grab a Telecaster and "try" to play along with them. Included is a booklet with ample notes and comments on each track. I ordered mine through darrelltoneymusic.com and got it in 48 hours.

J. Rice
John Rice

Re: Do you want to hear some great music?

Postby PhilHunt » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:33 pm

Yeah...Darrells' version of Jerry's Country Boy's Dream is killer with James on the lead break.
PhilHunt

Return to Announcement and News