Guitar Over Europe

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Guitar Over Europe

Postby PhilHunt » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:34 pm

Has anyone taken the time to transfer this LP to MP3? I really want to hear this LP...but my copy is still sealed and I don't want to open it.
Phil
PhilHunt

Re: Guitar Over Europe

Postby nasonm » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:31 pm

I got a copy over Christmas and just digitized it this morning.
nasonm

Postby Steve Sanders » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:37 pm

Hey Nasonm, Could you please tell what equipment, program, technique you use to "digitize" vinyl albums to digital? I've been poking around at it but the stuff I've been using is slow and impractical with minimal results!! Any info will be greatly appreciated!! Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby erakare » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:19 pm

If it's any help, I run a small recording studio, and one of the services we offer is vinyl to digital transfers. I use a Garrard direct drive turntable and after LPs are evaluated for scratches/skips etcetera, I run the audio from the turntable to an analog preamp (I use a Neve 1073, a recording preamp used in many studios...typically you'll plug mics into them and from there to a recording console or direct to a digital audio workstation/computer) and from the preamp to my computer using a digital audio interface that converts the analog signal to digital and thereby into the software (I am using ProTools).

Good results can be achieved also by running the audio from the turntable outputs into the soundcard on your computer, assuming you have a soundcard that accepts the type of connectors you have on the turntable and you have software that can boost the signal level sufficiently and enable you to create MP3s or WAV files...

I'll gladly chat about it more if you have specific questions...

Good luck,

Jan-Mikael
www.erakare.com
Jan-Mikael Erakare
www.erakare.com
erakare

Return to Announcement and News