Chet and Tommy Jones

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Chet and Tommy Jones

Postby Jay Seals » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:48 am

So far I’ve only recognized a few names, but, It was quite a few years earlier when I had the honor and pleasure of doing some shows with Mr. Atkins. I did however shared the stage with Boots Randolph, Eddie and Joe and Tommy Jones. I read a comment about TJ never getting a CGP from Chet... true, He didn’t! He gave them. We were fortunate to back up Tom 6 nites a week for several years and I can truly say he was a friend, mentor and the finest guitarist ever! It must have frustrated him at least, to a point., just being so well versed in all facets. He had a Telecaster in the eighties I would like to know what happened to it, natural finish with a black pick guard. He was supposed to sell it back to me when he was through with it! Anyone, any info... thanks Jayj
Jay Seals

Re: Chet and Tommy Jones

Postby DagerRande » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:57 pm

It's interesting that you'd mention Tommy Jones today. He would have been 63. Born 10-8-54.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Re: Chet and Tommy Jones

Postby Jay Seals » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:30 pm

I know. I am only two weeks older than him, 9/24/56. I think that’s why we got along so well, both being Libras. Sure do miss him! Happy birthday Tommy Otto Jones! Jay
Jay Seals

Return to Announcement and News