Slowing Down Of The Chetboard

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Slowing Down Of The Chetboard

Postby Tom Keller » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:47 pm

It seems to me that their has been a real drop off in posts to the board or is it my imagination?
Tom Keller

Re: Slowing Down Of The Chetboard

Postby BillB » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:19 am

Hey Tom,

I check in most every day, and I would agree that over time, it has really slowed down. And it seems to have slowed a little more over the last few weeks. However, there have been 31 views of this post. So, I must not be the only one who logs in regularly to see if anyone has posted.

I think Facebook has played a part in it's decline, but the Chetboard was so active back in it's earlier days. What a great thing that was for those of us that experienced it. Paul Yandell's presence, among others, really made it fun and informative. But so many of those folks are gone now, and forums like this just aren't what they used to be. We were fortunate to have access to so much great information and to feel a closeness to Chet and his musical life. I'm glad that so many of Paul's comments were preserved from those years.

Bill Bailey
BillB

Postby nasonm » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:29 am

I'm not super active but I also pop in here from time to time (especially to see if anyone has any Chet guitars I can't pass up in the For Sale forum).
nasonm

Postby rhirvine » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:14 am

I check it almost every morning but only post somethings sporadically.
rhirvine

Postby Hendrik » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:39 am

Also check the board from time to time, but I think Bill is right; many people connect via several Chet Facebook pages (like the Chet Atkins Appreciation Society page). I like the 'traditional' forum way of communicating. I will try to participate more on this board.
Hendrik

Postby Mike Nye » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:21 pm

Unfortunetly, this is a poorly-formatted website . . .

It's like walking into a warehouse on your first day on the job, where none of the locations are displayed per row, ailse, shelf-level or part/item number.

A properly formatted and composed website, welcomes you in, provides you direction to the latest posts per each specific discussion section and topic in reverse chronological order, meaning latest posts on top of each topic discussion, and so on per each discussion section and topics within.

This site, is noting more than a conglomeration of thousands of posts, compared to parking in a multi-acre parking lot with no location markers to locate your car when its time to leave. How about a dedicated, "See what's New" section, to welcome members back into the site?

The same thing goes for The Chet Channel on YouTube. It's already shut-down due to violation of YouTube's protective-rights polcies!

The memory of Chet Atkins, deserves the finest in archival access and content of his life's works.

I'm not criticizing anyone, just stating truths
If BRUTE-FORCE isn't working, you're not using enough ! ! !
Mike Nye

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins