Mister Guitar Magazine

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Mister Guitar Magazine

Postby Tom Partridge » Thu May 06, 2021 7:15 pm

What has happened to Mister Guitar? Has it gone away as so many things have or will we see a new issue in the future?
Tom Partridge

Re: Mister Guitar Magazine

Postby Larry Marchino » Mon May 10, 2021 1:05 pm

In a recent (March I think) post on Face Book Dr. Mark Pritcher mentions that he knows they have gotten behind with publishing Mister Guitar and he says that an issue is in the works. I couldn't locate the post just now or I would have quoted from it. I also know that a friend of mine was contacted by Mark recently to get some info for an article in the next issue. I always look forward to them too. I don't know the timeframe but we should be getting one sometime.

Larry Marchino
Larry Marchino

Postby Tom Partridge » Mon May 10, 2021 5:01 pm

Thank you Larry. Tom
Tom Partridge

CAAS Convention 2021

Postby Larry Marchino » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:12 am

I haven't seen anything about the CAAS convention on here lately, so in case you haven't heard, the CAAS convention is being planned for July 8th, 9th and 10th at the Music City Sheraton as usual. All members, whether you will attend or not, is asked to complete a very short four question survey so they know how to plan. Only three days this year but otherwise it sounds pretty much as normal. One major difference is that all attendees will be required to have been vaccinated for Covid or show a record of having antibodies/having had the virus. See Dr. Mark Pritcher's latest info on chetsociety.com under "Convention" at the bottom for the official info on this. I'm not a computer tech but I think you should be able to copy and paste the address below to get to it. I am just thrilled to know that it is going to happen. I have already registered and booked my room!

https://www.chetsociety.com/convention

Hope to see everyone who can come at the convention!

Larry
Larry Marchino

Postby Vidar Lund » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:37 am

Well, at least CMHoF remembers Mr. Guitar, Chet Atkins:

https://epost.telenor.no/?_task=mail&_c ... ction=show
Vidar Lund

Postby Steve Sanders » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:00 am

Now this is just a rumor about CAAS 2021 but I have heard that Dr. Ben Dover will be on hand and potential attendees will undergo hemorrhoid examinations and you must pass or have a note from your doctor verifying that your are in fact NOT an A-1 certified A-Hole!! Now at this time this is just a rumor and I am not for or against this practice and my personal views remain private. I do think these stipulations may impact attendance but that is just my opinion. That and $4.99 will buy you a cup of coffee! I did also hear that applicants failing entrance exams and/or showing up without "their papers" will be taken out back and beaten severely about the head and neck with a douche bag hose. Again, only rumors. I sure didn't know Dr. Fauci was a Chet Atkins fan!!!
Steve Sanders

Postby DagerRande » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:26 pm

LOL! Steve, I didn't have to read beyond Dr. Ben Dover to quickly become suspicious! :-)
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins