To Doug Working

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

To Doug Working

Postby rhirvine » Thu May 07, 2020 12:30 am

To mainly Doug Working. How is the FlexiNail working for you and others on this Chet Atkins site? It is doing fine for me! I now use it once a day on the outside and then the inside of my fingernails and they seem much more robust than they did many months ago. Thanks for looking into this product and bringing it up on this site!
rhirvine

Re: To Doug Working

Postby Doug Working » Thu May 07, 2020 9:07 pm

I ran out! And it’s driving me crazy! My nails were beautiful and strong For the first time in my life, and then I ran out of the amazing product and so my nails reverted to their previous crappy condition!

I need to come up with the bucks to buy some more as it is hard for me to live without..

But I am happy that I was able to bless someone else with the solution to our nail problems.
Doug Working

Postby Doug Working » Thu May 21, 2020 8:37 pm

Found some interesting reviews:

Showing 1-10 of 86 reviews
A. J. Morrow
5.0 out of 5 stars I'd say you'd be pleased with the results
Reviewed in the United States on February 28, 2017
Verified Purchase
Outstanding product for my dry, brittle fingernails. I thought I'd suckered into every nail cream/strengthener/supplement, but in desperation tried once again. At first I used it 1-2 times each day as directed, then found that once my nails had improved I could back off to 1-2 times per week. Not a cheap remedy, so that was a welcome approach. It took a month or so in my first tryout, to see a positive change as my nails were very dry, chipped and delaminated. So, if this is your problem, I'd say you'd be pleased with the results. I wash my hands and get them very dry, then paint my nails and let it settle in for as long as possible, but it is an oil, and does not become really dry for quite some time. So, after 1/2 hour or so if I can spare that much time, I'll just rub the excess into the nail and cuticle so that none is wasted.

One thing though: The bottle-shape is so narrow that they are extremely prone to tipping over. Even though I know this and try to guard against it, they are so lightweight that it takes nothing at all to tip them. If the top is loose or off, then you are guaranteed to lose some very expensive product. Even a couple of drops wasted are costly, so if I were the manufacturer I'd waste no time in finding a different design. It would seem very easy to me, to simply combine the small vials into one bottle, regular nail-polish sized, with more of a base and less tendency to tip over. Apart from the flawed bottle-design though, the product is perfect.
35 people found this helpful
Helpful
1 comment Report abuse
Rebecca
5.0 out of 5 stars Believe it. YOU MUST BE PATIENT!!!
Reviewed in the United States on September 6, 2016
Verified Purchase
After 25 years of acrylic nails I found my real ones to be even more awful than they were originally. Duh!! Splitting, peeling, thin as paper. I tried gel polishes to protect...they peeled more. I tried strengtheners, ridge fillers, cuticle and nail balms. You name it, I tried it. I got this product and only used the first bottle and gave up. Then I remembered that everyone said to be patient and I tried again. It has been 4 straight months of faithfulness. At least one application a day and sometimes two. The two bottles will last for 3 months if you don't do two applications every day. My advice: clip your nails right down to the quick and keep them there while you wait for new growth from the nail bed on up. Since nails only grow about 3.5 mm a month it will probably take 4-6 months for you to have all new treated nails, from top to bottom. If you continue trying to keep the length of the weaker nail you'll get discouraged. Just clip them ladies! I am just now seeing a change. I am not being careful with the nails so I still suffer some breakage. I am not one to use rubber gloves or treat my hands like little jewels. I don't polish the nails as that just seems to dry them out. I have not yet experienced super flexible but super tough long nails. I don't know that I will ever get there. But the improvement is amazing. Considering that I was spending anywhere from $50 to $75 a month on acrylic nails which are unhealthy for you, this product is a bargain. And the bonus is that I can now pick up my dropped credit card or change without asking for assistance. Oh and one more little tip: the bottles are tiny and tip easily. Don't let that happen to this precious fluid! Glue a quarter to the bottom of the bottle and it will practically weather a hurricane. Kinda. :-)
50 people found this helpful
Helpful
1 comment Report abuse
Linda
5.0 out of 5 stars GOLDILOCKS AWARD
Reviewed in the United States on July 28, 2019
Verified Purchase
After many years of trying to get healthy nails I FINALLY found the Holy Grail. I cannot believe this product actually works. Over the years, my nails were at different times, peeling, brittle, and or cracking. Of course I was skeptical after trying many other treatments. After the first week I noticed a slight difference. Now, 3 months later, I have to file them back at least 2x's week. Long nails gross me out and all I ever wanted was for my nails to be able to grow to my fingertips and happily I have that now. My one thumbnail had a split down a good part of it that I had for months which has finally stopped splitting. That nail also had a black line (not cancer) for years and that grew out too! I still have one nail that I sewed a sewing machine needle thru when I was a kid - I'm still waiting to see what happens with that bc the nail is indented on the tip and cracks.

In the beginning I applied it 2x's/day but now I only apply it at night. Really, the one brushful you take out of the bottle is way more than enough ( you're only supposed to put on a THIN coat). I let it sit for 15 mins and then I rub it in. Be careful of the bottle - it is tiny and tips over VERY easily (the company needs to enclose some kind of larger, steadier holder for the bottle). I use a small block of modeling clay and pressed the bottle into the center - works very nicely (clay is on a glass top night table).
9 people found this helpful
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
Lynne
5.0 out of 5 stars Really works!
Reviewed in the United States on September 17, 2017
Verified Purchase
I have thin, soft nails that peal and split and have always looked awful, like a bite my nails. I have tried different products and supplements most of my life and none really made a difference - only thing that made them look decent was acrylic. I read about this product and decided to give it a try. I have used it now twice a day for 2 months - no nail polish or other products - and it has made an amazing difference in my nails. My nails look healthy and the peeling and splitting has stopped. While they are still my same soft nails - this product does not make them stronger - they actually look nice and I have even let them grow a little which is something I was never able to do before. It takes time for this product to work so be patient. There were times I thought it was useless but realized that the really damaged part of my nail had to grow out before i could see a result. Honestly, I don't usually write reviews but this product is worthy of a good review.
10 people found this helpful
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
Arlington Anne
5.0 out of 5 stars Very hopeful - so far, so good
Reviewed in the United States on April 16, 2017
Verified Purchase
Only one week in, and I see a difference. I still don't have strong nails, but they are better - not as thin and floppy as paper, like they used to be..

I think the way I use this is helping. I bought some vinyl gloves to cook in a couple of months ago after cutting my finger, and discovered that I like cooking in gloves, so I kept doing it after my finger healed. When I got this, I started painting it on just before putting on my gloves to cook dinner. It takes me at least half an hour to cook dinner every night, so the fluid is held against my nails all that time. I think some massaging goes on, too, because I'll wash my gloved hands while I cook just as I would wash my bare hands, and some massaging goes on then. When dinner's ready, I peel off the gloves, wash my hands, and sit down to dinner.

I missed the direction about putting the fluid under the end of the nail, but I think it's getting there anyway as it pools a little in the ends of the glove fingers.

I promise to post updates.
9 people found this helpful
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
Susan
5.0 out of 5 stars No more split nails
Reviewed in the United States on April 12, 2019
Verified Purchase
I did not have high expectations when I bought this product. I have one nail that constantly splits, in exactly the same place, and has done so for years. I have tried a variety of nail strengtheners (from Sally Hansen to OPI) and they haven't helped. I purchased this product, and applied it faithfully once each day. Lo and behold, after 11 weeks, the nail stopped splitting. I've used Flexi-Nail for six months now, and none of my nails has split. I am a satisfied customer!

I purchased two bottles, and the Flexi-Nail people consider that a "3+ month supply." As I mentioned, I use it once a day (just before bed), and I just finished the first bottle. When you figure that two bottles will last a full year, it's not that expensive.
5 people found this helpful
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
Anonymously Yours
5.0 out of 5 stars My nails are the worst! They split
Reviewed in the United States on September 5, 2017
Verified Purchase
My nails are the worst! They split, peel, break... you name it! FlexiNail Fingernail Conditioner has done things nothing else has done. Even though I'm not completely done with the first two bottles, I can see a definite improvement. Yes, it's a bit spendy, but I've spent a lot more on things that didn't work. I highly recommend that you give this a try. Remember...patience, patience, patience!
5 people found this helpful
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
Sandra W.
1.0 out of 5 stars Useless guarantee
Reviewed in the United States on June 3, 2019
Verified Purchase
This product is horrible. They offer a money back guarantee but they tell you it takes 2-3 months to work. Now after 2 months my nails are terrible and Amazon will no longer take it back so what good is the guarantee?
4 people found this helpful
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
Peter Terpstra
5.0 out of 5 stars Great for me
Reviewed in the United States on August 30, 2016
Verified Purchase
A classical guitar player uses his nails to produce tone and if you are attached to that, than it is terrible/frustrating to brake a nail, heard about it and ordered 2 bottles here to give it a try. My idea was that it did not worked immediately but after ± 7 days. Now already 3 months without a broken nail which is really great. Just started with the second bottle. Because a guitarist has only longer nails on one hand i could do 3 months with one bottle.
It is expensive, maybe more than needed, just ordered four bottles directly from the distributor because they where on sale.
6 people found this helpful
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
Kathie A.
5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to its name!
Reviewed in the United States on May 29, 2017
Verified Purchase
After 38 years of acylic on my nails, I decided to let it grow off. I have been applying FlexiNail to my bare nails since beginning the grow-out. The acrylic is almost off, and my nails look healthy. I have a friend who recommended this product, as she got rid of her acrylics and her nails are now strong and beautiful.
Doug Working

Postby Doug Working » Thu May 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Here’s the ingredients:

FlexiNail Fingernail Conditioner INGREDIENTS: Simmondsia Chinensis, Glycine Soja, Carthamus Tinctorius, Helianthus Annuus, Squalane, Vitis Vinifera, Limnanthes Alba, Phytantriol, Oenothera Biennis, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isohexadecane, Isoeicosane, Butyrospermum Parkii, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Phytol, Myrtus Communis, Tocopherol, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Bosweillia Carterii

Nothing that I recognize, but I don’t care. It’s results that matter.
Doug Working

Postby DagerRande » Fri May 22, 2020 3:18 pm

Rick Allred is one of the regular performers at the convention every summer in Nashville and is the one who got me using that nail product. As it turned out, I was scheduled to do some performing before I had enough time to make use of it and I had to go back to acrylics so now that all live performing has come to a halt, I think I need to try it again.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Sat May 23, 2020 8:16 am

Rick recommends it too? Looks like I’m in good company!
Doug Working

Postby DagerRande » Sun May 24, 2020 1:49 pm

Rick is the first person to tell me about it and recommend it to me!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Wed May 27, 2020 9:03 am

I finally spent money I don’t have to buy another bottle. It’s been driving me crazy since I ran out of the first bottle. My nails had become so nice and beautiful, then just about the time I had grown out beautiful new nails, I ran out and eventually my nails went back to crap.

Like I said, I really can’t afford it, didn’t have the money, but I did it anyway because I can just no longer go on with bad nails, so In a sense it became a necessity.

I went to Amazon and got it in the larger, square shaped bottle which gives a bonus 20% more, and now I’m once again happily applying it, anticipating the victorious day when my nails will no longer break or split.
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins