Here’s one I never heard before

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Here’s one I never heard before

Postby Doug Working » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:23 pm

The more I search Y’tube, the more vids I find of Chet that I have never seen before!! It’s like a treasure hunt!

Here’s one of Chet doing wheels with Paul that is new to me:

https://youtu.be/YXwvtkQwBvc
Doug Working

Re: Here’s one I never heard before

Postby kwarren » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:05 pm

Doug Working wrote:The more I search Y’tube, the more vids I find of Chet that I have never seen before!! It’s like a treasure hunt!

Here’s one of Chet doing wheels with Paul that is new to me:

https://youtu.be/YXwvtkQwBvc

Hello Doug,

I just uploaded that video yesterday to my YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy6Cb9 ... l9bhvCNaeg

I have a few other videos to upload as time allows (to pull off VHS taps, convert and upload).

Wheels was one of the first Chet tunes I learned to play so it holds a special place in my heart
kwarren

Postby Doug Working » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:16 pm

I truly appreciate all you are doing to honor Chet’s legacy!

I’m all ears for ANYTHING you post!

You may be interested that I have a Y’tube channel where I posted over 500 of Chet’s tunes along with my attempts to make interesting videos to accompany them. That’s a good 500 tunes, and not even half of what Chet recorded or of my collection.

It’s my strong heart belief that we need to do everything in our power to preserve the treasure of Chet’s memory and legacy for generations to come. We CAN’T let his legacy die!

I have many VHS tapes in my basement of Chet’s TV performances that I would love with all my heart to post, but I don’t have the right equipment to do it. Every time the good ol’ TV GUIDE came out (remember THAT?) I would search from cover to cover to find if Chet was a guest on any show, and if he was, sure enough I would be there faithfully in front of the TV with my VCR humming away capturing those golden moments!
Doug Working

Postby kwarren » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Doug,

I too would go through the TV guide and set my VHS recorder. Unfortunately, I didn’t purchase my first VHS player/recorder until the early 80’s so I missed a lot of great performances. ☹

As far as converting your VHS tapes to digital, you can purchase something like VIDBOX that comes with user friendly software and a connection box to connect your VHS player to a PC or Mac via USB. Unfortunately, there will be some degradation of video quality.

I you own a VHS/DVD player and, if the DVD player is also a burner, you should be able to copy your VHS tapes to DVD. Once you have done that, you can use VLC media player (a free program) to convert the DVDs to MP4 files to upload to YouTube. The video quality will be a little better doing it this way….if your VHS/DVD player/recorder is a good quality one.
kwarren

Postby Doug Working » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:33 pm

I’ll have to re-read your post a few times as tech stuff doesn’t register too good in my brain!
Doug Working

Postby kwarren » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:40 pm

Doug,

The audio/video stuff has always been hard for me to wrap my head around as well. This is why it took me so long to start posting videos to my YouTube channel.
I’m actually just learning how to do all this. Perhaps the experts on this forum can give as some pointers.
There are so many great Chet performances out there that need to be posted for Chet fans, old and new, to not only enjoy, but to learn from.
We older fans owe it to the next generation of fans to make these old recordings available!

I haven’t done much playing for several years but I’m trying to change that. I have many arrangements and compositions that I hope to start posting in the not too distant future. So I also need to research what equipment is best to make decent videos of my playing. It can all get a bit overwhelming! :?
kwarren

Postby rhirvine » Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Loved it! Thanks for posting that. My Dad would sometimes record shows like this off of TNN so that I could see them when we visited him and Mom back when my children were young. In my Simi Valley neighborhood we didn't get cable until after TNN ended. I'm sure I missed out on a lot of great entertainment and talk shows etc. Also at that time Satellite TV hadn't come along so it was kinda way back. I'm hoping Richard Smith's studio becomes a "mini TNN" as he put it. Heck, I'd subscribe.
rhirvine

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins