Prairie home Companion

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Prairie home Companion

Postby emjaybee94 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:32 am

Chet's contribution to Garrison Keillor's Prairie Home Companion has interested me for a long time. The website doesn't have too many programmes with Chet's playing, but I've found a few posted on Utube over the past few days that I hadn't heard before. I particularly like this version of "I'll See You In My Dreams". Some really tasty fingerpicking from our master.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tIk4AsAcok

Hopefully, the guy posting them will post a lot more.

Regards
Mike
emjaybee94

Re: Prairie home Companion

Postby BillB » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:27 am

Wow! A song I've heard so many times, and I'm still blown away by Chet's playing.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby DagerRande » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:32 am

It's not that these licks are new, but I've never heard them being used in this song! He was feeling good that day!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:42 am

That was a great performance! He really did a great arrangement and some wonderful playing. Thanks for posting this. Hope there's more like this that come to light.
Ray Bohlken
Ray Bohlken

Postby rhirvine » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:25 pm

Thanks! I really enjoyed that. An Aunt of mine gave me a reel to reel tape she had recorded of Chet hosting the Prairie Home Companion radio show which I unfortunately don't have anymore or a way to play it even if I did. It was a great show. Anyway, he had Jethro Burns there with his mandolin and he played a solo of "Deep Purple" which was great. He introduced it by saying "I'd like to dedicate this song to all the ladies who have varicose veins. Its called deep purple". Wise guy he was huh?
rhirvine

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins