Do You Have a Gretsch HOF for Sale?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Do You Have a Gretsch HOF for Sale?

Postby DagerRande » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:54 pm

I'm doing some preliminary checking. Does anyone have a Gretsch Hall of Fame guitar for sale? My understanding is that it is a special version of the 6122-1959 and was a limited edition. I'd appreciate it, thanks!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Re: Do You Have a Gretsch HOF for Sale?

Postby Doug Working » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:49 am

Rande, Chet said it best in the tune from one of his solid gold albums, “It Never hurts To Ask”
Doug Working

Postby DagerRande » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:10 am

Doug, without any effort or having to go back to refresh my memory on that song from that album, it is still very fresh in my mind! I just felt that this HOF guitar would be the perfect one for me. I've always loved the 6122-1959 since I first picked one up to play it, and this is a special "elite" version of that model. I've never met Paul Mosely, but he described his to me in great detail, as well as his reaction to it, and sold me on it!
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:26 pm

It never failed to impress me, over the years as I was young, and of course every new album Chet put out I was first in line at the store to plop down my money, but it always impressed me how with each new album his tone would change, and we all know that he was always trying new and different guitars. Which of course explains the difference in tone.

As A kid I thought that was the coolest thing, that he never let the grass grow under his feet, but was growing and changing and experimenting to continually surprise his fans.

I often dream of having a bundle of money to have the freedom to buy new guitars, and discover “new worlds of sound.”

I think that would be gangs of fun. But alas, a lot of money is just something I have never had access to my whole life, so I’ll just have to continue to dream and just be happy with what I have, guitar wise. When it comes to money, like everyone else, I have to eat! And I happen to LIKE eating. Got to have my three squares. So new guitars is just going to have to sit on the back burner.
Doug Working

Postby DagerRande » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:10 am

Doug, I’m sorry that your need to have three squares will prevent you from having well-rounded meals. :D
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins