Answer to our nail problems?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Answer to our nail problems?

Postby Doug Working » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:49 pm

Ahhhhhhhhh! Confucious say: Ancient Chinese secret!!
Doug Working

Postby joebradley62 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Richard Smith swears by acrylic nails from you local nail shop. I do it as well. You just go in explain what you want and they give you perfect nails. They are easy to maintain. My local shop of Koreans charge me about 9 bucks for 3 nails on my right hand fingers (i.m.a or first, middle and ring!) Then about 1 time a month or so I go in for "filler" as your nails grow you start to get a little gap that is unsightly, has no affect on their playability though. You need a good strong file as they are very tough nails and you will want to file them as your real nails grow to keep the size as you like it.
joebradley62

Postby DagerRande » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:12 pm

Hey Joe! It has been awhile! I did the acrylic nail thing from 1999 (thanks to Doyle Dykes) until 2017. I've had them done all over the country, from Washington, California, Texas, Maryland, and now Michigan. They are always very nice Vietnamese ladies but the finished product is never the same. The ones I had done here in Michigan were way too thick and it was like having thick flat picks protruding from each fingertip and I had no control so I final went back to my regular nails and have tried using a coating and it has worked much better. There are no surprises in thickness now!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins