Chords to "I Can Hear Kentucky Calling Me"??

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

Chords to "I Can Hear Kentucky Calling Me"??

Postby Pickin Palmer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:45 am

Woke up this morning with Meagan singing this toon in my haed. In my usual fashion - I can't figure out where the chords go right off the bat. It's in A.. It goes up to a Db like Good Ol Summer time and I Been a Blowing Bubbles (Cash - for you Texans (lol) - then, down to Gb - but, it's that passing chord in between that''s got me.. Oh, wait a minute - I'VE GOT IT... It's just an ordinary DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD...for DUH!

Do any of the rest of youz guys go through this in the mornings pretending we are geetar players???? LOL Good Morning Pickers!

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Re: Chords to "I Can Hear Kentucky Calling Me"??

Postby Larry Marchino » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:38 am

Yep, I can identify. Makes you feel DUMB when you find out the chord you've been searching for is nothing exotic, but just a common everyday chord! :oops:
Larry Marchino

Postby Pickin Palmer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:49 am

Yes, Larry - humbling to say the least. I came out here years ago with a similar "admission of inadequacy" when I was attempting to learn "It Don't Mean a Thing" off a video of the very smooooth Paul Moseley playing it. (Pat Kirtley's "Western Kentucky" tape - forget the actual name.) It's, of curse, in the key of Em...but, the melody verse ends up on a regular old G kord. I watched - rewound - watched - rewound - watched - rewound that old video tape so many times on that spot right after that where he went into the bridge - but, could not for the life of me figger out the first kord... "HOW ABOUT JUST STAYING ON THE G, PALMER!!!" was the resounding answer from the guys that really can play these wood obsessions.

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Postby GlenHines » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:45 pm

.......and then add insult to injury when someone tells you what the kord is and you argue with them that that can't be right!!
Glen Hines
GlenHines

Postby Pickin Palmer » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:10 am

Funny you mentioned that, Glen... it happened on this thread with a PM a friend sent me. :lol: AND, I WAS RIGHT!!! :lol:

For those of you that are following along, but too afraid of the "establishment" to respond to my posts - the chords I "hear" when Chet and Steve are playing this on YT:

I can hear Kentucky......calling.....me.
A...........................Dbm.......D...Gb

Listenin' to my "whatever".... memo...ry.

Bm...........................................E........

BTW, Glen..thanks for the help with that E to G transition in Summertime at CAAS.. (Key Bm)

Palmer

PS OFGC Pickin' Party today!!!! Wish you were here.
Pickin Palmer

Postby GlenHines » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Wish I could be there. In spite of the circumstances, the last one was fun.

..and the "whatever" line is
whisperin through my halls of memory
Glen Hines
GlenHines

Return to Support