Quick Guide for new users (How to register, post & reply)

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

Re: Quick Guide for new users (How to register, post & reply

Postby dykesj » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:10 am

I remember my uncle, Tom Howard from New Hampshire, but a Southerner by choice, took me to see Chet Atkins in a concert in Centennial Park. It was pouring rain when we arrived, but my uncle was not deterred. He boosted me, his 5-7 year-old niece, onto his shoulders, put an umbrella over us both, and walked several blocks to the pavilion where we stood in the rain and listened to Chet Atkins. I didn't appreciate what was going on until later, but, even at the time, I was impressed by the awe in which my very proper uncle help Mr. Atkins. To my credit, I listened, rapt.

While watching tonight's special on KERA in Dallas (3/26/2011), I was again awed by Chet Atkins's music. Many thanks to my uncle and Mr. Atkins for enriching my life. What would we be without music and it's most talented performers?

Julie Long Dykes
dykesj

Re: Best way to amplify a classical guitar

Postby t hollifield » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:13 pm

Hello, I need some suggestions please. I have a Takamine EC132C . It sounds good unplugged, but when Its plugged into an amplifier, the base strings sound fuzzy and distorted, not clear. Any suggestions on getting a clear sound?
Do I need a different type of guitar or amp? I've tried it with a Roland cube 30, Musicman RD112/50, Deluxe reissue,
Princeton, and a Champ. Would I need to go to the one with the prismatone pickup? If so, where would I find one?

Thanks.
Terry Hollifield
t hollifield

O T: trouble with Yahoo

Postby LarryD » Fri May 13, 2011 11:25 am

Hi Chetboard: Yahoo recently "upgraded" it's site. I lost the Favorite function on the tool line. I had over 3 years of downloads, including many seen only here on the Chetboard, like Carig Dobbins, Bruce Keener, etc. I cannot find any resolution to this situation. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Larry
LarryD

Postby thenorm » Fri May 13, 2011 11:44 am

Paul said once that he and Chet just used what came with the guitars.

People can (and do) argue about the different qualities of cable but I'd just be sure it wasn't a 'bargain cord", meaning don't buy the cheapest. If moving the cord causes any noise in the amp replace it.

The difference between one manufacturer or another is to the ear of the beholder. It might marginally make your guitar sound different but it won't affect your ability to play. Only practice does that.

Always have a spare (working) cord in your case. When a cord goes bad it is never at a convenient time.

You probably would get better response if you were to post this in the 'guitars and equipment section'
thenorm

Paul Yandell

Postby Bobby Gibson » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:57 pm

We wish to send our condolenses to the Yandell family. Paul was a wonderful person and a great player. We will miss him. Respectfully Bobby Gibson and Family
Bobby Gibson

Postby Vidar Lund » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Re. cables. Use the fattest and shortest one that´s practical for you.
Vidar Lund

Where to buy Chet's songs that I do not have.

Postby mitgrimes » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:45 pm

I have everything that Chet recorded, except for about 25 songs. Any suggestions on where I can buy them? I can put all 25 on a short post if anyone wants to know what I'm missing.
mitgrimes

Postby gerald » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:04 pm

I JUST READ THAT THERE WILL BE NO MORE GFGA MEETINGS AND THAT MEMBERS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF A REUNION....GERALD
gerald

Postby gerald » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:06 pm

WHAT SONGS ARE YOU MISSING??
gerald

Postby Bobby Gibson » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:17 am

Anyone interested in helping Nokie Edwards. Here is a link you can go to. His hospital bills are huge. Thanks Bobby
http://www.gofundme.com/1iach4
Bobby Gibson

PreviousNext

Return to Support