TablEdit problem

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

TablEdit problem

Postby PaulBennett » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Without hot keys, entering a song in TablEdit is uber-tedious and I forget many of them quickly. I'm presently stumped on how to break a beam between two notes and I know there is a hot key for that. Shift F1 would normally bring up hot keys but I only get error messages.

While I'm happy to get TablEdit going in Win7, Win7 killed many TablEdit features for me, including Help. Forgive me for asking here but I can no longer find the Tabledit forum which is where I should be asking for help.

If anyone is able to use Win7 TablEdit Help, can you clue me into how to accomplish it.

Long story, I miss Buster and broke out one of his DVDs, and wish to get a handle on Me & Bobby McGee. Yes, there are other tef versions but wishing to follow Buster's version, the booklet is not a possibility for me but getting from the booklet into Tabledit is how I learn.

Thanks for any suggestions.
PaulBennett

Re: TablEdit problem

Postby RandeDager » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Paul, have you become a member of the Tabledit users group with Yahoo? A lot of people there fire questions to
Larry Kuhns and he seems to be able to answer them all.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby thenorm » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:06 pm

There is a 'join this group' button here

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/TablEdit/

This

http://el-kay.com/tabledit/

"El-Kay" = Larry Khuns tutorial might be of some help
thenorm

Postby Roger Hardin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:43 pm

Here is a link to download a pdf version of the help file. You could just save the pdf to your desktop or documents.

http://www.tabledit.com/download/tabled_e.pdf
Roger Hardin

Postby Roger Hardin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Deleted

This post is no longer needed since Larry has the real fix below.
Last edited by Roger Hardin on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Hardin

Postby LarryK » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Paul,

To answer your question, to break the beam, place the note cursor on an empty tab line beneath or above the first beamed note, or on the note itself, then press [X]. This is a toggle hot key, so the second press if on a note, will restore the beam.

The help file for Win7 can be downloaded from the registered user page:

http://www.tabledit.com/download/tabhlp_e.exe

Extract it into your installation directory, and it will then open as expected.

Larry
LarryK

Postby RandeDager » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:32 am

Roger, I almost started a new thread yesterday asking about you. I haven't seen you here for a while and nobody mentioned you performing at CAAS this year. I wondered how you were and if you were at CAAS this year, and if so, did you perform? You were my favorite in 2009 at the 25th, which was my last time to attend.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Roger Hardin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:13 am

Hi Rande

Good to hear from you and thanks for saying that. I did perform at CAAS this year. I had a wonderful time. CAAS is always an inspiring and humbling experience for me. It always seems to go by to fast and it still wears me out. I am just now recovering. :lol:
Roger Hardin

Postby RandeDager » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi Roger,

I'm sorry I missed you then. I thought I was pretty careful in reading all the posts and I didn't notice any mention of it. Your arrangements involve a lot of sophistication and technique that is out of reach for most. From what I've observed there's more to practice and learn how to do than just raising what we already know to a higher level. For example, who is ever going to simultaneously provide their own accompaniment to "Jerry's Breakdown"? I realize that you modified the melody to allow for this, but the essence of the song is still there and you don't have to look for a backup player to accompany you. Where most of us depend upon the thumb, middle, and index, for the "banjo style" rolls, I've watched you use "i,m,a" for those rolls and then provide bass lines with your thumb. That would almost be like learning a new instrument!

I remember that day in 2009 when you did a concert in one of the side rooms and Duane Friend was there watching in amazement. I watched his face. I believe he even asked for your autograph afterward. Anyway, you were "competing" with Thom Bresh next door in the main auditorium and your attendance was low. I couldn't help but to wish that those people could see what they were missing! I always look for something new and you were it!

I'm working hard at putting enough aside to be able to attend next year. I hope you'll be there. Thanks!
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Roger Hardin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:59 am

Hi Rande

Thanks for saying all of those nice things. I hope you can attend CAAS next year as well. If I play opposite of Bresh I will need someone in the audience. :lol:

Take Care Rande
Roger Hardin

Next

Return to Support