Chet music for Allstate Esurance

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet music for Allstate Esurance

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Chet's "Jam Man" is the lead-in and background for the Allstate Esurance ad during the CBS NFL football coverage today. It makes me feel good that Chet still contributes in so many ways, and his music lives on. Way to go Allstate !!!

Esurance Debuts New National Ad Campaign
The campaign also features the Grammy Award winning song, "Jam Man," from Country Music Hall of Fame guitarist Chet Atkins.

Esurance commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Ja2OjKXo5w
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Re: Chet music for Allstate Esurance

Postby BillB » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Love it!!

Bill B.
BillB

Postby DWolfram » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:03 pm

That was good smokey.
To add to that it was some years ago Bayer Asprin used Chet's 195x version of Mister Sandman. And even further back ABC Wide World of Sports opened with Chet's Goodnight Irene for a billards championship match. It's alwys good to hear the master's music pop up in the most unexpected places.

David
DWolfram

Postby mark reinhart » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:19 pm

I was sitting in a BW3 restaurant in Cleveland watching football on Saturday afternoon, and the Esurance commercial came over the restaurant's loudspeakers -- I practically jumped out of my chair! Definitely a nice early Christmas present, hearing one of Chet's songs being played to a nationwide audience.
mark reinhart

Postby Craig_Pratt » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:08 pm

That's pretty cool! Can't wait to see this on tv.
Craig_Pratt

Postby FrettyGreen » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:05 pm

You won't believe how incredible this was for me. I'm currently getting my chops and sight-reading together for a career in commercials/television/soundtracks. I'm listening to this Essurance commercial and I'm thinking "this guitarist is sounding great!", I google it and see your post.Chet Atkins' music lives on, not just in my heart alone! Thank you, for your post.
FrettyGreen

Postby bill raymond » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:32 am

My older son, Tristan, grew up listening to Chet (couldn't be avoided, as I was always playing Chet's recordings) and decided he wanted to pick up the guitar as a teenager. He never showed any interest in fingerstyle, though--ventured into all sorts of hard rock, bands I didn't particularly care for, but I never believed in trying to impose my tastes on my kids. Nowadays he listens to Smashing Pumpkins and a variety of bands I've never heard of and have no interest in. The only thing he ever said about Chet was after he downloaded a video for me of Chet and Liona Boyd from a site that John McLellan, I think it was, had put up: he said something like "he sure was talented, wasn't he?". This was perhaps 4 years or so ago. The other night I got an email from him:

"There's an Esurance commercial that I saw last night that has some interesting guitar playing. I searched the internet and it turns out it's Chet Atkins' Jam Man. Thinking I might go get a thumb pick and give it a try..."

Need I say I'm surprised, and must say quite pleased to see that Chet's music is reaching folks who maybe never gave it much thought before. And delighted that he's even thinking about giving it a try.
bill raymond

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:10 pm

Bill,
That is a heart warming story, one that Chet would have appreciated. It is amazing how the power of suggestion works even through a commercial such as this one. You never know what other message it might convey. What Chet told a convention audience about CAAS applies to his music as well... he said "I hope it continues after I've gone on down the trail".

Good luck to your son as he masters his thumb picking!
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Postby Alan Copeland » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:47 pm

That commercial has been playing for many days now, and I knew it was Chet, but couldn't place the tune. Thanks.
Alan Copeland

Postby Jhenna » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:12 pm

If you had a dollar for every dollar car insurance companies say they'll save you by switching, you'd have a ton of dollars. But how're they saving you those dollars? Find out how we answer that question here at Esurance.
real estates in hilton
My life has been one great big joke, a dance that's walked a song that's spoke, I laugh so hard I almost choke when I think about myself.
Jhenna

Next

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins