Tommy Emmanuel on PBS in my area tonight

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Tommy Emmanuel on PBS in my area tonight

Postby Ray Bohlken » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:29 am

The following program will be on WUNC in the Norfolk, VA are on COX cable channel 6. It is one of the fund raising events that they put on periodically. I saw this show once before and it was great. It's good to see it on again. I hope some of y'all in this area can see it.
Ray

Tommy Emmanuel and Friends: Live From the Balboa Theatre

10:00pm WUNC ch:6 90min 2011 TV-G Episode InfoAcoustic guitar virtuoso Tommy Emmanuel performs at San Diego's Balboa Theatre. He's joined by singer-songwriter Pam Rose; guitarists Frank Vignola and Vinny Raniolo; and Australian pop-rock artist Anthony Snape. Included" Rose's "I'll Still Be Loving You"; "What a Wonderful World" (with Vignola and Raniolo); and Snape's "Frequency." (CC)
Ray Bohlken

Re: Tommy Emmanuel on PBS in my area tonight

Postby BillB » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:00 pm

I have the DVR set to record it from a Dallas PBS station tonight as scheduled here. In fact, they are also replaying the Chet Atkins and Friends concert that has the Everly Brothers, Waylon, Willie, Emmy Lou, Mark Knopfler, Paul Yandell, and others right after the Tommy E. concert. They may be doing that in other places as well, but I don't know for sure.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:41 am

I watched Tommy's show last night on UNC-TV Network here in North Carolina. I had seen it before, but I enjoyed it again as Tommy's showmanship and playing holds your attention. He is very talented player who meshes easily with other entertainers as demonstrated on the show.

I am wondering what is his guitar setup on his main Maton guitar? I noticed he has two 1/4" output jacks one at the endpin and another on the lower bout. I like the sound he gets, so does anyone know what he is using for pickups and processing?

I found one video where he mentions his setup but also gives some insight about his playing and tips we can all apply to our performances.

Tommy Emmanuel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q1XY5X_WmQ

Thanks
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Postby Fred » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:33 pm

great show. Tommy uses a flat pick a lot i noticed.
Fred

Postby BillB » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:53 pm

They have actually been showing two videos of Tommy in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. One of them is a solo concert, and the other is Tommy "and Friends" which I haven't seen yet. But the DVR is set to record it.

Bill B.
BillB

Return to Announcement and News