Thinking of the Yandells today

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Thinking of the Yandells today

Postby BillB » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:54 am

I was just thinking about the Yandells and took a moment to pray for them, as I know this will probably be a hard day for them without Paul. For those of us that have met them, we know that they are a very close family. Hopefully, they will be surrounded by family and friends that will love on them and give them some encouragement today and in the days to come. I urge others to keep them in your thoughts and maybe take a moment to say a prayer for Marie, Micah, and Sheri as they spend their first Thanksgiving without Paul.

Bill Bailey
BillB

Re: Thinking of the Yandells today

Postby cettyboy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:26 am

He will be deeply missed.A true inspiration to me and countless other guitarists.
So sorry to the Yandell family for their loss.
God bless,
Mark Hill
cettyboy

Postby Wes Southerland » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:31 pm

This morning I was thinking of all the things I am Thankful for and including in that list was the music of Paul Yandell. As a tribute to Paul I listened to ALL of his solo recordings this morning ..... 3.5 hours. I am so glad his legacy as a solo artist was cemented by those recordings. I treasure them more today than ever. Over the years the music of my fingerstyle guitar heros have given me so much happiness! Thanks Paul Yandell. We will miss you Pal.
Wes Southerland

Postby charlie morrison » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Bobbe Seymour paid a wonderful tribute to his dear friend Paul in his newsletter "Bobbe's Tips". This from a writer who usually limits his remarks to those about steel guitar players.
charlie morrison

Postby keener » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:33 pm

When I told Richard Smith this evening that I had done a tune for him, he mentioned that Paul's memorial service today was very nice. It came very close to bringing tears to my eyes. When I think back on the music Paul made over the years, way back to my teens, and how he inspired me and countless others, I realize it covers a span of almost a half century. Amazing! His music was always so tasteful and smooth. I remember to this day hearing a gospel song on the radio where either him or Chet or Jerry played the break, and it was played in F without a capo, and it was flawless and made me want to play all the more. (We're talking about close to 50 years ago, and in those days the only people who had anything approaching Chet's sound were Jerry and Paul and maybe Blackie Bennet (sp?).) I'll never know who it was, but I believe it was Paul.

My wife has been gone a little more than 10 years, and the past couple of weeks I have had dreams about her almost every night. (A friend of mine thinks these are actual visits ... I am more skeptical, but maybe he's right ... he has similar experiences with his first wife, who passed many, many years ago.) As I think about Paul's family, I know that have this to go through: they will miss Paul for the rest of their lives. I suspect we will, too.
keener

Return to Announcement and News