Calling It Quits (Kinda)

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: Calling It Quits (Kinda)

Postby keener » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Rande,
It does seem a bit ironic, doesn't it? And, to top it off, the Moe Ron that started the thread didn't call it quits after all.
keener

Postby Mike Nye » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:48 pm

keener wrote:Rande,
It does seem a bit ironic, doesn't it? And, to top it off, the Moe Ron that started the thread didn't call it quits after all.

Yah . . . whatta IDIOT ! ! !
If BRUTE-FORCE isn't working, you're not using enough ! ! !
Mike Nye

Postby keener » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:25 pm

Guilty as charged :)

Several folks have said some smart stuff in this thread, though, and I think it should be required reading for aspiring guitarists.

My thanks to all,
Bruce
keener

Postby RandeDager » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:06 pm

Bruce, I'm glad that things kept going long enough to convince you to change your mind. As I've said, I intend to be posting my own "stuff" here and I don't want you to have left me behind feeling guilty. This way we can both be guilty together.....lol. I appreciate your kindness and sensitivity, Bruce. You were raised well. I also appreciate your in depth articulation with the English language.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby keener » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:03 am

You're very kind, Rande. I appreciate you a lot.

I thought everyone who contributed to this thread did well at articulating their insights.

Take care
Bruce
keener

Postby RandeDager » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Bruce, I can't help but to correlate your engineering background with your articulation and the thoroughness of your thinking process. I doubt that they are separate entities.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby keener » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:26 pm

Rande,

Only in the sense that my profession required that I communicate a lot, verbally and in writing. I got lots and lots of practice, participated in several seminars on making presentations and several on business writing, and so on. When time allowed me to, on important memos I would write them in one setting, then edit the heck out of them the next day.

Just like with everything else in life: lots and lots of practice helps.

Bruce
keener

Postby RandeDager » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:22 pm

I agree with you about practice, Bruce. I didn't realize that an engineer could be so involved in communication. Many times it is a "non-people" person who becomes an engineer. I also think that we need to push this thread of "calling it quits" to possibly a double-digit number of pages..........lol.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby keener » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:54 pm

Rande,

I suspect that most engineers go on to become managers, as I did ... I'm sure there's a lot of variation in what those with engineering backgrounds do and in their personality types.

While I like your sense of humor and your joking about double-digit pages, I'd personally like to see this thread die. I'm glad I started it in that I learned a lot, and I hope other ChetBoard'ers have learned something from it, too. But it seems to have served its purpose.

All my best,
Bruce
keener

Postby RandeDager » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi Bruce,

The original purpose of this thread was to inform us of your intention to quit posting on YouTube and your explanation of why. It has now gone full circle and thankfully the exact opposite of "its purpose" has been served.
Rande
RandeDager

Previous

Return to Announcement and News