Wikipedia change

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Wikipedia change

Postby Norm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:24 pm

A couple of days ago someone mentioned that Chet's Wikipedia page should be changed to reflect Paul's CGP status.

I looked today and it still hadn't been done so I went in and did it.

Since anyone can edit the page you folks can feel free to change it if you wish. I only added the line starting with "In 2011..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chet_Atkins

Later in life he lightheartedly gave himself (along with John Knowles, Tommy Emmanuel, Steve Wariner and Jerry Reed) the honorary degree CGP, standing for "Certified Guitar Player".[5] In 2011 Daughter Merle Atkins Russell bestowed the CGP degree upon long time sideman Paul Yandell. She then declared no more CGP's would be allowed by the Estate
Last edited by Norm on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Re: Wikipedia change

Postby Tompicks » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:35 pm

I had mentioned it Norm, thanks for updating it. I understand Wikipedia is not an objective source but by and large the large write up on Chet is pretty good, and it is healthy for knowledgable Chet fans to scritinize it.

BTW, I also want to thank you again for the work you did a few years back compiling the list of FAQs for Paul Yandell. That was extremeley helpful. In the copy of that page which I link to from the board index, I have updated Paul's answer about the CGP awards to include the 5th award which he received.

Regards,
Tom
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Re: Wikipedia change

Postby JohnBinns » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:33 am

Tom:

Along the same lines, I know some of us would like to see some corrections and updates to the discography on this site. I know you are reluctant to add all the seemingly endless compilations that have been released since the list was compiled but some corrections are necessary on what has been posted for several years.

Here are just a few suggestions:

2000 Guitar Legend (Buddha): The hyperlinks to the wrong album info
1983 Guitar Pickin' Man: No link, no info
1955 Amazing Chet: Photo not available
1982 Solid Gold Guitar: Photo not available
1953 String Dustin': Track listing error (Only 8 tracks on original)

I am sure if you consult one of your original contributors (Ken Goddard), he could fill you in on some of these needed adjustments.
JohnBinns

Return to Announcement and News