OK City Fingerstyle Club

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: OK City Fingerstyle Club

Postby RonHaft » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Oh yes Palmer,

I got a few MP3 tracks from Larry. Yep, he is great!!

I've found a some incredible pickers in the OKC area, and the good ones are hardest to find. I think one of the best pickers I know absolutely will not play in public, or private (if anyone is there)? Uhhh you know what I mean?? But I could make a nice income producing CDs for him if he would only allow it. I'll keep working on him, between him and me we ain't 140 yrs old yet, ...maybe. Still could be the start of a beautiful reltionship?

I wonder who will be in Winfield Kansas this year?? Attendees I mean, I have the performers schedule. What do you want to bet it will be fun?? I'll take the over/under on the fun side!

KOP
Ron H
RonHaft

Postby woody hill » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:00 am

I would love to get together with other finger-style guitar pickers here in the Okla city area. My e-mail address is 95silverjet@cox.net.
Woody Hill ggp. Here is something I once wrote about Chet made up of things I'd heard him say: "Chet once said a guitar picker could never be a star; you'd have to practice awful hard if you meant to go that far, kinda stay right after it; sorta sleep with your guitar, or else you'll pick her up one day and she won't know who you are."
woody hill

Postby RonHaft » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:49 am

Hey Woody,

You are on the list! Right now I'm trying to get the email of 'lbroudrick', friend of Larry Kent. Yesterday I sent out 28 letters to fans of fingerpicking in OK. My tongue is still sticky! But I hope to get a good response from them. Things are looking good for an OK club.

I'll be in touch.
RH
RonHaft

Postby lbroudrick » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Ron,
I'm right here! Hey, just got back from OKC arts festival and listening to Edgar Cruz. I gave him one of the cards you sent me and told him we're trying to get the OKC club going. He's on tour a lot but seemed appreciative. Larry Kent would be ready for any meeting just about any time but Saturday nites. He plays at a local restaurant then. My e-mail is lbroudrick@yahoo.com.
lbroudrick

Postby RonHaft » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:11 pm

Hey Larry,

Many thanx! I've added you to our email list. I'm pretty sure I sent something to Edgar Cruz but glad you spoke to him also.

I've had a fun week or two aligning online names, real names, email addresses and physical addresses. Golly there are a bunch of great pickers in OK! After I return from the Winfield, KS festival next week I'll set up an OK pickers get-together and we'll see how that goes. Hopefully I can then return to being a 'migrant picker', following the musical harvest! Sorry, I do amuse myself, LOL! But seriously, there are too many great pickers in OK not to get together occasionally

Take care, see ya soon,
Ron H
RonHaft

Postby Dwight Barnett » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:14 pm

I Live in Holdenville but would love to come up and meet some of you guyes, We used to have the meetings in Seminole but work and other things let things fall on the back burners. Glad to see this come about.
Dwight
Dwight Barnett

Postby RonHaft » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi Dwight,
Good to meet ya! Send me your email address and I'll put you on the list to be notified when we have a meeting. Looks like the first one will be around late October. I tried to send you a private msg but it just sits in the out box. I thought I once saw an account settings about accepting PMs. Maybe that's why it doesn't always work for me. But I couldn't find such a setting just now so maybe I'm thinking of a different bulletin board. Or maybe I'm just........oh, I dunno!
RonHaft

Postby woody hill » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Ron, I'm glad to see all this response to forming a club. Don't forget me when you get ready to meet.
Woody Hill ggp
woody hill

Previous

Return to Announcement and News