Changing Email address?

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

Changing Email address?

Postby David Elliott » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Tom, Doug, (or anyone else who might know)...

I can't seem to find how you change your email address (I'm changing my ISP) without re-registering for the ChetBoard as a complete "newbie"! :?

It's always been (unofficially at least) considered more desirable to use your REAL NAME on the 'Board, but it seems like if I want to do that, the software then won't allow me to, as it tells me "that name is already in use".

This seems somewhat contradictory. as I would prefer not to assume an alias, just in order to change my Email address. Is there someway around this bottleneck, and am I overlooking something here?

Any help would be appreciated-

David
David Elliott

Re: Changing Email address?

Postby Richard Hudson » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:17 pm

David, I am about as dumb as a rock when it comes to computers, but I think in this situation you would go to "user control panel," then "profile," and then "edit account settings." I believe that gives you the option to change your email address.

Best regards,
Richard
Richard Hudson

Postby Mike Nye » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:34 pm

David Elliott wrote:Tom, Doug, (or anyone else who might know)...

I can't seem to find how you change your email address (I'm changing my ISP) without re-registering for the ChetBoard as a complete "newbie"! :?

It's always been (unofficially at least) considered more desirable to use your REAL NAME on the 'Board, but it seems like if I want to do that, the software then won't allow me to, as it tells me "that name is already in use".

This seems somewhat contradictory. as I would prefer not to assume an alias, just in order to change my Email address. Is there someway around this bottleneck, and am I overlooking something here?

Any help would be appreciated-

David

David,

I went through the same thing a couple weeks ago . . .

I'd apparently registered TWO names on here, not realizing it.

Just message Tom and ask him what names & e-mail addresses he shows as YOU, then have hime DELETE the one that you DON'T want any longer . . .

MIke
If BRUTE-FORCE isn't working, you're not using enough ! ! !
Mike Nye

Postby David Elliott » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:46 pm

Richard and Mike,

Thanks guys...

David
David Elliott

Return to Support