OK City Fingerstyle Club

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

OK City Fingerstyle Club

Postby RonHaft » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:58 am

Who’s up for an OKCity fingerstyle guitar club? I’ve been talking with some folks in Oklahoma about their interest in starting an OKC club and have offered to help with the preliminary communications.
But in order to proceed, there are a couple questions we need to answer:
Who is, and who do you know who might be, interested in participating in a club/society/association…centered in OKC, dedicated to fingerstyle guitar?
Who would be willing to help organize and run such an organization?
If you are interested let me know and I will help get an organizing group together.
RonHaft

Re: OK City Fingerstyle Club

Postby RandeDager » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:04 pm

Hey Ron! What ever happened to Ken Goddard? He used to come down to join the Texas group when I lived there but wouldn't he be a good one for Oklahoma, or has it already been proposed to him?
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Steve Sanders » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Ron, I live in Duncan, Ok. I attended the very first OK fingerstyle meeting several years ago up near Stillwater. I would be interested in going to some more meetings and meeting some fellow Okie-Pickers. Been at it for 40+ years and still learning. I just learned "Martha" the other day from Chet's "At Home" album. Even if a club doesn't materialize I would like to get together with some pickers sometime and trade licks. Not a lot of pickers down this way. My wife is my biggest fan. She's always telling me to "take that guitar somewhere else and play it"!!! Hope to get together someday.
Steve Sanders

Postby RonHaft » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:29 am

Hi Rande and Steve, I have sent the info to Ken. Haven't seen him since CAAS 2010. He used to come to all the TX meetings up in the north part of the state. Steve, I'll add you to email and let oyu know when we have meetings up your way (TX or OK). You might be close enough for an occasional TX meeting.
RonHaft

Postby Pickin Palmer » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:15 am

You don't land for long do ya, Ron??? lol Hey, I've got a name and number of a guy that contacted me recently about folks pickin' in the OKC area.. I'll send him to you via some sort of message...

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Postby RonHaft » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:04 am

Thanx Palmer, I got your msg and will contact him this evening, after the TE concert on PBS and before the Ranger ballgame. 'Nother busy night, LOL! We're finding some pickers and interested fans here and there in the OKC area. Most say they didn't know there were any other pickers in the area! We need a National Registry of Committed Pickers....Uhh, and a better name for the list? Take care buddy. Thanx again.
RonHaft

Postby LeeRamirez » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Yep, Ken Goddard would be the best bet. Ken is a great source for Chet Atkins music and materials. Even in a supporting role, he would be a great asset... Lee Ramirez
LeeRamirez

Postby lbroudrick » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:34 pm

I just got through talking to an old friend of mine, Larry Kent, who moved back to Oklahoma from Branson this year. He told me about the possibility of this club starting up in the OKC area. He and I would both be very interested in being involved.
lbroudrick

Postby woody hill » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:01 pm

I would love to get together with other finger-style guitar pickers here in the Okla city area. My e-mail address is 95silverjet@cox.net.
Woody Hill GGP.
Last edited by woody hill on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
woody hill

Postby Pickin Palmer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:10 am

LARRY KENT??? Wow, right there is a pickin' party in it'self.. Larry popped into the Picker's Club Room at CAAS a couple years ago.. What an awesome player. Youz guys in OKC are in for a treat.

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Next

Return to Announcement and News