Newby Saying Hi + Backing Tracks Question

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

Newby Saying Hi + Backing Tracks Question

Postby asimmd » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:30 am

Hi Guys

My name is Alan and I have just joined the site.

I am 64 years old and I have been playing regular guitar for 50+ years,mainly
Shadows and Instrumental but I played Lead guitar in a 60/70's band.

I play for my own pleasure at home now,and after 50+years doing the same thing,I
decided it was time for a change,so here I am.

I am trying to find backing tracks for I'll See You In my Dreams,and anything Chet did with Mark Knopfler,
especially the Neck and Neck Album.

Hope it's OK to ask the question,I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm in the wrong place.

Many thanks

Alan
asimmd

Re: Newby Saying Hi + Backing Tracks Question

Postby asimmd » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Well,64 views and not one reply.

Did I say something wrong -have I posted in the wrong place?

Alan
asimmd

Postby Roger Pratt » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi Alan........I will attempt to answer your query as best as I know. To my knowledge backing trax by themselves are available to download IF you have Band in a box software installed on your PC at the Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club on their page. at: http://ofgc.bizland.com/
If you have BIAB then you can download their free files with their blessing no charge although I'm sure Palmer Moore the president of the club would accept donations....LOL
I'm not sure the tunes you are seeking are on that list but a lot of really nice Chet tunes are.
Hope this helps you. You are not being ignored on here just not many people know about the site.
There may be some others available but I'm not aware of any.
Roger Pratt

Postby thenorm » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Roger is correct in his reccomendation.
I suspect you caught us all in a lazy funk since this question comes up with some frequency. I would have chipped in earlier but I didn't have Palmer's link handy.

In any case here

http://www.pgmusic.com/

Is the Band In a Box website and as Roger pointed out it seems to be the most commonly used backup system out there.
Once you get the hang of it you'll find it a wonderful backup/practice tool. The best part is that you can 'hire or fire' the musicians to suit your own taste and I, for one, like to fire most of them keeping bass and maybe rhythm strings and dispensing with the entire band. You'll need to experiment with it but it is reasonalby user-friendly.
thenorm

Postby Ray Bohlken » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:05 pm

The only backing tracks for Chet's music that I know are available at Ray Cummins' web site. Here is a link to this website and products. Click on the Soundtracks By Request link.
Ray

http://www.raycummins.com/ProductOrder.html#Soundtracks by Request
Ray Bohlken

Postby asimmd » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:15 am

Hello Again

Many thanks for the replies,which are very helpful.

I am aware of Band In A Box,though I do not have the programme myself,
but knowing it can be used for what I want do is very interesting.

I apologise for my second post,and I am pleased you took in in the right way,it was not
meant to be a complaint.

Alan
asimmd

Postby RandeDager » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:16 am

I wanted to mention that BIAB is also much more realistic than it used to be. The sounds with "Real Band" are better than MIDI. I've heard someone use this and, compared with MIDI, it sounded like he got a group of friends together to lay down live background tracks. Of course the programming is all up to the user.
Rande
RandeDager

Return to Support