Chet Atkins Display At CMHOF, blog, & photo links

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet Atkins Display At CMHOF, blog, & photo links

Postby guitarchuck » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:51 am

Real nice story and photos about the opening reception:

http://www.gretschguitars.com/blog/
Last edited by guitarchuck on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guitarchuck

Re: Chet Atkins Display At CMHOF to run through June 11, 201

Postby thenorm » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:55 am

Deed Eddy, (Duane's wife) started this great thread over at gretschpages.com abour this exhibit. Good commentary, nice pictures including Our Paul.

http://gretschpages.com/forum/duane-edd ... 752/page1/
thenorm

Re: Chet Atkins Display At CMHOF to run through June 11, 201

Postby Tony Enamel » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi Chuck,

guitarchuck wrote:Looks like they decided to extend the Chet Atkins display at the Country Music Hall of Fame through June 11th! Anyway that's the date given in Fred Gretsch's blog.

excuse me, but I'm afraid that piece of information is misleading. June 11th was the original end date, mentioned all the time. Therefore, nothing has been extended so far. And it is of no use for CAAS visitors, since CAAS will last from July 11th-14th, which is one month later. The fact, that the June 11th date is mentioned in Fred Gretsch's blog doesn't necessarily mean that any kind of decision has been made. It can also mean that there's no decision about an extension yet. In saying that, I'd like to point you at the online petition to extend it until some time in July 2012, so that CAAS visitors can attend the exhibit, too.

Sign it here and spread this link among friends on Facebook or via e-mail:
http://www.change.org/petitions/country ... -july-2012

Here's the earlier discussion about it with some background information:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1155&start=10

I'm a little disappointed that only very few Chetboarders have signed it so far. Are there so many Nashvillians, that they can go to the CMHoF all year long?

Nice photos on Mr. Gretsch's blog - looks like a great exhibit. And memorable meeting of legendary guitarists on the opening reception.

Other than that I would like to say: Great dress, Paul!!!

Cheers,

Ingo
If it ain't got the groove, the bodies won't move.
Tony Enamel

Re: Chet Atkins Display At CMHOF, blog, & photo links

Postby guitarchuck » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:39 pm

I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that date Ingo. I guess I had it in my head that the CAAS was in June instead of July! Anyway, I edited my original post. Everyone needs to go sign that petition and maybe they will extend the display at the Country Music Hall of Fame, at least until the CAAS convention. I'm glad you caught my mistake early Ingo! I wasn't thinking clearly when I posted that this morning. A sign of age I guess! :lol:
guitarchuck

Re: Chet Atkins Display At CMHOF, blog, & photo links

Postby Tony Enamel » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:26 pm

Chuck, perhaps it shows that you can't wait for the next CAAS to begin ...

I may add that by unchecking the respective box everyone can chose that his/her signature will not be displayed in public.

Also, it would be very important not only to sign it but also to spread the word about it so that many others will sign it, too. Best way should be Facebook. Just post the link there in your status update. That's all. It's so easy. And if you're in Facebook groups regarding guitar, fingerstyle or chet, post the link there, too.

Thanks for your support!

Ingo
If it ain't got the groove, the bodies won't move.
Tony Enamel

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins