Glen Campbell and the farewell tour...

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Glen Campbell and the farewell tour...

Postby thumbslinger » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:14 am

Well, I'm happy to say that I've secured my ticket for his show in Stafford, Texas on Sept.21st.

Looks like he's only doing a show a month for his last tour, or maybe that's just the plan as it stands but I'm glad to be going to see him.

He's getting around pretty good for these last few shows so check out his site if you're interested.
thumbslinger

Re: Glen Campbell and the farewell tour...

Postby jay » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:14 am

I had always thought that Glen finger picked using a flat pick and his fingers until I ran across a video a few months back where it appeared he was wearing a thumb pick. Such a talented musician and entertainer. Doubt he will get anywhere close for me to see his last tour.
jay kantor
jay

Re: Glen Campbell and the farewell tour...

Postby thenorm » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:06 am

I'm sure Glenn could play fingerstyle either way in his prime but a thumbpick is an easier way to do it. He was no doubt comfortable with a thumbpick since he played good Scruggs-style banjo.

He no doubt could, as Paul described, play excellent finger style while holding a flatpick. Joe Maphis was adept at this too, flawlessly inserting 'thumb style' technique in the middle of his rapid flatpicking delivery.
thenorm

Return to Announcement and News