Barrigar/Mazengarb Duo - Columbus, OH

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Barrigar/Mazengarb Duo - Columbus, OH

Postby Pickin Palmer » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Just a heads-up for youz folks that live somewhat near Columbus, Ohio ----- TONIGHT - Thursday, Aug 4th - 8pm... The new "darlings" of the CAAS convention - Loren Barrigar & Mark Mazengarb are playing a concert at the beautiful new McConnell Arts Center, 777 Evening St, Worthington, OH 43085... It's too late to buy your tickets online.... soooo, just show up... Tickets at the door are only $10! A steal at half the price... (lol)

Check them out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i99h69dDodI and my personal fav... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gw5Xxu_TiA

Is it any wonder they've taken the Chet convention by storm?????

Palmer

http://www.mcconnellarts.org/wp/
Pickin Palmer

Re: Barrigar/Mazengarb Duo - Columbus, OH

Postby David Elliott » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:39 pm

These guys are amazing!

David
David Elliott

Postby Pam E » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:46 pm

I am sooo jealous....what a great evening that will be....wtg Palmer!

Pam E
Pam E

Postby RandeDager » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:36 pm

How is Ohio getting so much fingerstyle attention? We need some here in Michigan! I've heard of a club of some sort near Detroit but any ads that I see are when they bring in people with a totally different style. I also hear about "play-ins" AFTER they happen........lol. Palmer I'd be plugged into what you have down there if I could!
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Pickin Palmer » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:35 am

And, WHAT A CONCERT IS WAS!!! If youz folks ever get a chance to see these two guys in concert - take it! They are incredible. The talent, the energy, the wide variety of musical genres, the superb interplay between them as they show off their "well practiced" stuff and the amazing ability to "wing 'em" when they are "throwing one together" for the first time - live, right in front of us. They brought the 85 plus audience to their feet several times during the evening.

But, I wouldn't "wait" until they show up in your area. If I was you guys I would call them and work out some sort of deal with your local church, arts center, school, senior center - YOUR LIVING ROOM - to bring them to your area. You can "wait" and sooner or later you'll see a Tommy Emmanuel or Doyle Dykes concert come to your neck of the woods - but, the rest WE have to "make happen." I'm sure glad I spent a little time and money bringing Loren and Mark to Columbus, Ohio. WHAT A SHOW!!! And, what a great feeling knowing "we" are helping keep finger style guitar alive.

Palmer Moore - Organizer, Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club
Pickin Palmer

Postby Pam E » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Palmer....thanks for the report! I can feel your enthusiasm...lol. Thanks for the tips and encouragement. I'd love to see them come to the upstate SC or nearby....that I know of, there aren't many fingerstyle guitar events in this area, I'd love to see more around here....saw Doyle several years ago at a church in Greenville and it was awesome, and Tommy has been at Newberry the last couple of years, very cool.... just need more....hmmmmm, thinking..thanks again!

Pam E
Pam E

Return to Announcement and News