Steve Wariner Tribute to Chet Atkins

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Steve Wariner Tribute to Chet Atkins

Postby Mike Detlefsen » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:51 pm

I haven’t seen this show mentioned, but my Tivo grabbed it a day or so ago without my knowing it.... it's an hour show featuring Steve Wariner talking about Chet and playing a number of tunes. It was on the local PBS station on one of the sub-channels. It looks like a series called Woodsongs. You can go to the Woodsongs web site and get more info, and it looks as though the audio and video feeds are available on iTunes (search for Woodsongs and Wariner).

Some great picking on a 1958 6120 that Chet gave to Steve.

Mike
Mike Detlefsen

Re: Steve Wariner Tribute to Chet Atkins

Postby Paul Doty » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:12 am

That show was posted on the old board shortly after it aired. It's available for on-line viewing or download (it's huge) at the Woodsongs website. Steve's show is # 531
http://www.woodsongs.com/showlist.asp

You can stream it as a lo or hi quality WMA, download as WMV or download as an mp3 (no video). There are a bunch of other archived shows available including a couple Tommy Emmanuel shows, tons of bluegrass, old time, acoustic music, etc. It's as big a time sink as YouTube! :)
Paul Doty

Postby Bob Greenwood » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Thank you so much for posting this information about the Woodsongs Radio Hour and the Steve Wariner performance on that show. What a treat. And I found a few other shows I want to check out too. Again, Thanks.
Bob Greenwood

Postby RonBloor » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:39 am

Thanks Mike for the woodsongs heads-up and Paul for the link. I noticed that the video version is somewhat uncut and is 20 minutes longer than the audio (either mp3 or wma). Steve and his band do a couple of tunes after the main tribute to Chet show. So, if you are patient enough to download and/or watch the whole video (wmv) it's worth the wait as they say :)
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins