Live Pickin Room

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Live Pickin Room

Postby Pam E » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:11 pm

....It is wonderful to listen
In a room to live guitar pickin
With friends and pals around
And enjoy soul-soothing sounds.

This is a friendly reminder/invitation for all pickers/ listeners who would like to, to join us by clicking the Favorite Links below on the board index called "Live Pickin Room" . We'd love to have you.

Pam E
Pam E

Re: Live Pickin Room

Postby keener » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Pam,

I get the following error when trying to load the room:

"The site that was pushed has been aborted because it contains code to break out of frames and will cause the web-based client to break connection"

I recently upgraded to Apple's Lion operating system, and it could be that the required plugin does not work with Lion (this has been the case with a few other plugins). Not sure if anything can be done on either end to get compatibility.

Bruce
keener

Postby RandeDager » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Thanks for the reminder, Pam. I'd love to be there several nights a week if I could. I've only been successful via Len Collins' system when I lived near him in Texas a few years ago. You'd also see more of my own recordings posted here. Thanks for expanding the awareness though for the group.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby RonBloor » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:26 am

Just to second Pam's sentiment re the chatroom. It is a great place to socialize and enjoy our mutual love for guitar music. I'd also like to say that it was great to finally meet Pam, her daughter, and mother Nancy at CAAS. I also got to meet many of the other chatroom(ers) this time at CAAS.. It really has become like a second family!! Because I was running around so much at CAAS, I didn't spend much time socializing with them, so the chatroom is a great place to keep in touch with all of them. Ron
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Shipo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:38 am

For Bruce on his Mac. When I tried to enter using Lion it went and found a Java update for Lion 7.0 and worked the next try.

Jim Shiporski
73 de KB9AH
Jim Shiporski
shipoje@mac.com
Shipo

Postby keener » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Great info, Shipo. Thank you,
Bruce
keener

Postby Pam E » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Ron. It really was great getting to meet so many of that "second family". Maybe next time we can plan a lunch or supper together to have more time to visit...I missed spending more time as well from flitting around...lol.
Being at CAAS 2011 and having the pickin room makes me want to let folks know we are there. Just as an example of how great it can be on any given night....last night we had Glenn Burgin, Bill Patrick, Bigbill and Dale Crabtree playing beautiful tunes and they all sounded great! I can't offer much in the area of technicalities or computer issues, but I sure can encourage folks to come pick us a tune or two and/or chat/sit back and enjoy the music. It's such a great way to support that mutual love of guitar music. Just want to share it!
Thanks Shipo, Bruce and Rande.

Pam E
Pam E

Return to Announcement and News