Tommy E.

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Tommy E.

Postby paceman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:29 pm

I read that Tommy is going to be in Peoria, Il sometime in Sept. Would like to get tickets. Anybody know just how to?
Thanks,
Fred
paceman

Re: Tommy E.

Postby RandeDager » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:59 pm

Fred, I was just on Tommy's site and there was an item labeled "tours" at the top that I clicked on, which led me to specific locations and dates, which then led me to purchasing tickets if I had wanted to. Of course, it's "www.tommyemmanuel.com"

If you're lucky you might catch a show with JUST HIM! That didn't happen for me when he came to Kalamazoo last Fall but for a non-guitarist friend of mine, he got to watch 2 hours of nothing but Tommy.

Life is rarely fair.........lol
Rande
RandeDager

Postby paceman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Thanks for your help. I have been told that sometimes you can get a back stage pass if you know how to go about it.
Anybody know how to pull that off???

Thanks,

Fred
paceman

Postby Tony Enamel » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:17 am

Fred,

you might be invited to soundcheck in the late afternoon and/or a meet and greet that is usually arranged prior to the show.

Just send an e-mail to Tommy's manager Gina Mendello with your name, date and place of show: showbizmanager@mac.com

Best,

Ingo
If it ain't got the groove, the bodies won't move.
Tony Enamel

Postby Dan Northrup » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:46 am

My wife and I recently went to Tommy's concert in Portland Maine, my wife simply went to his site and emailed them, she got a response in less than 20 minutes! We went to the meet and greet before the concert, Tommy was great!! Also all of his people we had contact with were excellent to deal with and the concert was awesome!!!
Dan.
Dan Northrup

Postby RandeDager » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:22 am

Dan, did he perform alone or did you have to wade through other acts as part of the concert?
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Dan Northrup » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi Rande,
Tommy played four or five tunes himself and then Phil came on and they played the rest of the set together.
The second set was with his band and mostly electric, my son enjoyed that part, LOL!!!! I prefer Tommy alone however the whole concert was great!!
Dan.
Dan Northrup

Postby RandeDager » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi Dan,

Well, at least Phil was with him, which wouldn't change his style too much, although I still prefer pure solo. My problem with his concert in Kalamazoo last Fall was that his style was altered greatly when playing along with "Gypsy Jazz" or just not being on stage at all while the "Gypsy Jazz" took over until he came out. There was nothing in the advertisement about who or even IF anyone would be with him. Sometimes that isn't even decided when the ad is first posted. He's coming back to Michigan a couple of times this Fall and now I'm worried about what I may be in for IF I were to purchase tickets.

Yet I recommended for a recording engineer friend of mine in Nashville to go and see him and he came back exhilarated after having seen 2 hours of nothing but Tommy. I'm the guitarist who only got to partially see Tommy and my friend, the non-guitarist, got to see exactly what I thought I had paid for!
Rande
RandeDager

Return to Announcement and News