Tommy Emmanuel on NC PBS today at 3PM

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Tommy Emmanuel on NC PBS today at 3PM

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:19 pm

I just found out that Tommy Emmanuel will be on the North Carolina PBS WUNC today at 3. In the Norfolk - Virginia Beach area that is Cox Cable channel 6. Later on at 930 PM, Joe Bonamassa Live At Albert Hall will be on. It's a pledge week, so times and schedules can change, so I hope this is good information.
Ray

http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?id=19413901
Ray Bohlken

Re: Tommy Emmanuel on NC PBS today at 3PM

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Ray,
I watched the show and it was most excellent. Tommy was in fine form! He had very talented guest artists/singers and the show was very entertaining. The trio guitar salute to Les Paul was outstanding as was Tommy's arrangement of "Moon River", and his salute to Chet Atkins with "Smoky Mountain Lullaby" was touching.

I congratulate Tommy Emmanuel for a great PBS show. It ranks among the best guitar shows I've seen.

Thanks for head's-up about the air time here in North Carolina. I hope everyone has a chance to see it.
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Postby BillB » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:45 pm

I wish PBS would show it here in DFW. It never shows up in the listings.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby John Knowles » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:43 pm

Keep your eyes on your local schedule. I understand that half (as in 50%) of the PBS stations in the country have picked up Tommy's new show. That means most of you can see it. Tommy's show is going over big because so many people called in and pledged their support for his earlier show "Center Stage." John
John Knowles

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:21 am

I really enjoyed that show and, Ronnie, you're right...his version of Moon River was excellent. I've seen him play that on other occasions and he never plays it the same way. The Smokey Mountain Lullaby was just a great tribute to Chet. I enjoyed the Les Paul Tribute and the singers were wonderful, too. I'm glad we were able to see it. A friend emailed me about it and I logged on here immediately to put out the word.
Take care,
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby John Knowles » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Tommy's show airs on NPT in Nashville, Tuesday, June 14 at 8:30 pm.
John Knowles

Return to Announcement and News