High-speed camera shows strings

Watch and share videos from youtube

High-speed camera shows strings

Postby thumbslinger » Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 pm

Cool video of what the strings do when being played. Can you imagine what strumming or maybe even something like Cascade, Blue Angel or Jerry's Breakdown would look like?

http://www.dump.com/2011/05/29/high-shu ... tar-video/
thumbslinger

Re: High-speed camera shows strings

Postby David Elliott » Tue May 31, 2011 9:41 pm

That's interesting, but it looks a little "fishy" to me. Why do the hands of the player (progressing from one chord to another) match the music and the rhythm, etc. if it is "high speed" photography?

I'm open for explanations... :?

David
David Elliott

Postby Jim Nazworth » Tue May 31, 2011 10:42 pm

When my strings wobble like that I put on new ones. LOL
Jim Nazworth

Postby thenorm » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:10 am

I used to be able to see a similar effect playing and looking at the strings while the TV screen is in back of the strings. The TV tube acted like a strobe camera and you could see harmonic arcs on the string but they looked more even than what this shows. Has to do with the way the projection gun in the cathode tube that was the TV screen operated

Maybe it's one of those mis=labelling things and the label didn't fit the effect. A strobe light could have that kind of effect if properly pulsed. The way spelling errors show up in even what one would think are well paid productions a mis-labelling could be the issue here.
thenorm

Postby GaryL » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:26 pm

No doubt strings can do that. I don't know how loose they were. When some hard brushes are hit, you don't see all the strings bouncing around in waves and different modes. Altered tuning to me.
Nice to see it.
GaryL
GaryL

Return to Video Files