Good Night Irene

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Good Night Irene

Postby Richard Hudson » Mon May 30, 2011 1:21 pm

After hearing all the good pickers on here, I am almost ashamed to post any of my offerings, but I wanted you to hear my new amp. This is the 25L15 clone with my NC. I used a Shure SM58 mic. Just a touch of reverb and a tad of delay.

Happy Memorial Day everyone. God bless those who gave all for our freedom.

Thanks,
Richard

http://www.box.net/shared/tq2bgfbxts
Richard Hudson

Re: Good Night Irene

Postby BillB » Mon May 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Wow, Richard! That was great! What a tone!!!

Bill B.
BillB

Postby bill park » Mon May 30, 2011 4:51 pm

You play great, Richard, and you couldn't possibly sound any better - what a wonderful tone, just perfect! So glad you are happy with the new amp. Bud and I are both proud to have you as a 'Parkel owner', and wish you many, many years of enjoyment with it. Feel free to post some photos here at your discretion. Here's one of mine with Ron Elliott's and and Russ Cochran's (he wanted a blue one... :? ). The original Standel #1010 that was copied is the gold one in the middle. Bud made eight of them in his workshop as a labor of love for family and friends and that may be all, we'll see.
Best regards, Bill
bill park

Postby Richard Hudson » Mon May 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Thank you Bill Bailey and Bill Park. That is quite an array of equipment there, not counting the distinguished gentlemen standing there. Chet's amp was #1020. Russ' is #1010. It would be very interesting if Bud could spend a few minutes with Chet's amp to see if it is voiced the same as Russ'.

I appreciate the referral to Bud. He is very impressive and as his brother Bill told me, just totally honest, almost to a fault. This whole thing has been a very enjoyable event for me and the fun is just beginning. My amp is below.

Richard Hudson

Postby craigdobbins » Mon May 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Great job, Richard! And that "off brand" amp sounds pretty good, too. ;)

Craig

P.S. Sorry Bill. I know first hand what great work Bud does!
craigdobbins

Postby Roger Pratt » Mon May 30, 2011 9:09 pm

OUTSTANDING Richard!!!!....I am soooooooooooooooooo envious and I know it's a sin so I have to ask forgiveness.
Roger Pratt

Postby guitarchuck » Mon May 30, 2011 10:15 pm

Don't Richard sound great on his new amp? I built a true stepbrother to Richard's new amp a few years back. I'll post some photos someday. Here's Chet with his favorite amp:

guitarchuck

Postby Claude Duguay » Tue May 31, 2011 2:51 pm

Richard ,very beautiful tune ! great arrangement
happy for you about your new amp,congratulation

thanks so much...Claude
Claude Duguay

Postby Richard Hudson » Tue May 31, 2011 5:22 pm

I appreciate all of the nice comments and also those who listened but did not write out a comment. Bud did an excellent job on my new amp. He has put in a lot of hard work in research and takes great pains to see that everything is as near perfect as he can make it. I am very impressed with his abilities and with his graciousness.
Richard Hudson

Postby chet1952 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:18 pm

your amp sounds amazing, the player that play throught helps a lot ;) Just hope you'll have lot of fun with it Richard!

Jean-Francois
chet1952

Next

Return to Audio files