Update on Pete Hutlinger from Caring Bridge

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Update on Pete Hutlinger from Caring Bridge

Postby Roger Pratt » Wed May 18, 2011 3:22 pm

I just read this update on Pete and thought I would share it with you.
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011 11:24 AM

I am sorry for a delay in between postings. I have to say that it has been a rollercoaster since the surgery and I was unsure at what point to give feedback. It took about a week to get out of recovery and now Pete has been in an Intensive Care room for a week and a half. The doctors say that he is progressing very well. They had to explain that to me because some days I just couldn't see it. But after a long bout of ICU Psychosis, which was no fun at all, Pete is very clear-headed and able to have conversations with me and his family.

I'm not certain how long we will be in this part of the hospital. I know they are starting to do some light physical therapy with him and today he was cleared to have liquids. That's a big step.

I cannot thank everyone enough for all the amazing posts and the generous donations. As many of you know, this is an emotionally and physically stressful time, but all the encouragement and sharing of personal situations relieves a lot of the anxiety. Other people have been in our shoes, and are living happy, normal lives now. I feel sure that a year from now, we'll look back on this ride --- and be glad it's over :) Again....thank you to each and everyone. I look forward to reading more of the entries to Pete today.

Erin
Roger Pratt

Re: Update on Pete Hutlinger from Caring Bridge

Postby BillB » Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks, Roger! Never have met Pete, but I've been praying for him

Bill B.
BillB

Re: Update on Pete Hutlinger from Caring Bridge

Postby RandeDager » Thu May 19, 2011 8:17 am

Roger and Bill, I'm praying for him too. I met him once at a CAAS convention trying out a guitar in one of the side rooms and had no idea who he was until later. I had heard his name but had never seen a picture of him. I also had no idea what he played so I investigated. Once I saw his YouTube videos of his versions of "Josie", "Superstition", etc. I became an instant fan!
Rande
RandeDager

Return to Announcement and News