Lost Password

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

Lost Password

Postby Richard Hudson » Mon May 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Recently I had to clear out the cookies, etc from my work computer. In the process I was logged out of all the websites I visit. This is one of them. It has been so long since I have had to log in that I have forgotten my password. There is no "forgot your password" function on this site. This may be because the admin simply does not have time to respond to such requests. I could change my password from this computer, if I knew the old password, in which case I wouldn't need to change it anyway. I really don't want to have to register again with a different user name. I have already done that once. Any suggestions?
Richard Hudson

Re: Lost Password

Postby thenorm » Mon May 09, 2011 10:39 pm

I maintain a spreadsheet with all my passwords

it's a pia but it's the only thing that really works

Since it's only on your work computer keep fooling around until you finally remember the old one.
thenorm

Postby Richard Hudson » Mon May 09, 2011 10:48 pm

I do keep a spreadsheet of sorts for the important business sites that I use for credit reimbursements, order placing, etc. They are numerous and it seems that everyone has different rules about how passwords are to be constructed. That doesn't seem like a big deal, but I do have to be active on several different websites - all with different rules. As you say, it is a pain. This is the only website that I visit that doesn't have a forgotten password function. That would be a big help.
Richard Hudson

Postby LMark » Mon May 09, 2011 11:57 pm

Sure there is. Just click "login" in the upper right. The next page has forgot password link. At least, "it works for me" . . . . LMark
LMark

Postby Richard Hudson » Tue May 10, 2011 8:13 am

A big thank you to Tom Redmond. The world is bright again.
Richard Hudson

Return to Support