Pete Huttlinger Ill Again

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Pete Huttlinger Ill Again

Postby Phil Owens » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:30 pm

Please pray for Pete; he's struggling with his heart again.

Thanks,
Phil
Phil Owens

Re: Pete Huttlinger Ill Again

Postby BillB » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks, Phil!
Sorry to hear this about Pete. He's definitely in my prayers.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby Roger Pratt » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Will do for sure. Get well soon Pete! God Bless You!
Roger Pratt

Postby Phil Owens » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:02 am

From Facebook today:

Thank you everyone for the kind wishes. I haven’t posted anything up to this point because on a certain level I feel private about my health, but I know you are all concerned and Erin and I appreciate that.

My situation is that I have a congenital heart defect. It has troubled me on and off my entire life. My condition has deteriorated over the last year, and in the past month it has become significantly worse.

At this point, I am going through testing to find out if I am eligible for a heart transplant. Although my own personal diagnosis is that I am, the doctors obviously have to make a lot of technical determinations. Meanwhile, we wait. All your prayers and good wishes are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Pete Huttlinger
Phil Owens

Postby RandeDager » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Pete, I learned about you several years ago, which was too late in your career and I've become a huge fan. I wish you the best so that you can continue arranging and playing those songs that most people never hear on the guitar!

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Gary Smith » Mon May 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Eddie Pennington has posted an update on Facebook on Pete H., who seems to be in the Texas Heart Institute at this time. Eddie says that Pete is looking for a Transplant.
May the blessings be

gary
Gary Smith

Postby RandeDager » Mon May 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Not only do I wish for Pete to regain total health but I also hope to watch him perform some day. It would be my first time
and I'm a big fan of his. I'm praying for him too!
Rande
RandeDager

Postby John Trahan » Tue May 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Just got this email from Spa Creek Music re: Pete's condition & needs:

As many of you know, Pete is dealing with some very serious issues and besides the medical costs there is going to be a lack of income situation as well. Erin has set up a fund that folks can send any help at all. Pete's Caringbridge website is http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/petehuttlinger for all updates and to share your positive well wishes. He is grateful for all communication. The address is Erin Huttlinger, 791 Rhonda Lane
Nashville, TN 37205.

Other ways to help is to stock up on your Pete CD's & DVD's. Pete gives anyone who hears him so much pleasure. This is a good time to show the love.

As a friend shared with me from Dr. Findlay (A Scottish Television production based on the novel Dr. Findlay by AJ Cronin, a Scottish physician and novelist)
"You know the doctor and the artist have much in common. The doctor tends to the weaknesses of the flesh, the infirmities of the mind. An artist too is a healer. Their art is nourishment for the human soul, without it we wither and die. The question remains who heals the healers? I suppose we have to look after each other."

Thank you,

Mack and Rachel

John Trahan
chapjet@verizon.net
John Trahan

Return to Announcement and News