Sozo Blue Amplifer Capacitors

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Sozo Blue Amplifer Capacitors

Postby guitarchuck » Fri May 06, 2011 4:37 pm

I don't know how many amp builders are on our board here, but I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with the SoZo cap company? Here's my unhappy story:
I ordered the SoZo blue caps on March 31. On April 6, I emailed to check on my order. No response. On my 3rd email I received this response:

As per our website, the .1’s are on back order. I will let you know when your order ships.
Thank you,
Lisa

The website then said they were on backorder until 4/25. Needless to say that date has come and gone. I have emailed numerous times and no response. I have even emailed them links to numerous forums where people are complaining about them ignoring their customers. I even sent an email asking them if they are still in business no response. They have offically lost my business, I filed a report with my credit card today. I will order Mallory 150's instead of the Sozo's. I really doubt the Sozo's would sound that much better anyway. In fact I don't know why I ever thought about paying the crazy price they were asking for them anyway. This is no way for a company to conduct business. The very least they could do is update the backorder status on their website. I really wonder what is going on with this company!
guitarchuck

Re: Sozo Blue Amplifer Capacitors

Postby jay » Fri May 06, 2011 6:34 pm

If their plant is in Japan or has a supply chain in Japan, they could be laboring under the same setbacks as everyone else connected to any industry in that country.
jay kantor
jay

Postby guitarchuck » Fri May 06, 2011 7:19 pm

They are made in USA.
guitarchuck

Postby Terry Tolley » Sat May 07, 2011 12:37 am

Believe it or not, overseas suppliers are not any more reliable with their stuff than the USA is with things we export to other countries. The best means of obtaining parts in my experience is the use of domestic suppliers. Most OEM suppliers deal in quantities of 10,000 and UP. If your dealing in one-of levels (actually anything less than 10,000), then the best bet for electronic parts are companies like Digi-key, Mouser, MCM Electronics, Newark, etc. In many cases, your're dealing with the same parts from the same makers, but via a domestic supplier with verified levels of stock on hand. Alternate sources of parts, somewhat less reliable in finding specific things, but still worth a try are from vendors dealing in manufacturer's over-runs. Fortunately, most of the companies that deal with this sort of thing are on E-Bay. Otherwise, an internet search engine will generally steer one toward a supply of parts, often at bargain prices. I've often located manufacturer obsolete parts that have been out of production for 50 years or more! If there are specific parts requirements that are needed, that can narrow the odds significantly unless the parts are currently in production. Oddly enough, parts for popular items (for example...gaming consoles, I-Pads, etc.) will typically be unavailable at any level until the product's popularity falls off a bit. This is simply because the OEM manufacturers have cornered the world supply for the brief time a product is in heavy production. This has been my experience over the past 45 years. Of course, your "mileage" may vary significantly.
Terry Tolley

Return to Guitars and Equipment