vinyl record with song written by Chet Atkins

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

vinyl record with song written by Chet Atkins

Postby barbarabotwinick » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:37 pm

I am seriously looking for some help finding an original 45 vinyl record that is pretty rare, that I believe Chet Atkins wrote with Gene Norman.

The name of the record is Snaggle Tooth Ann and Gene Norman and Rockin Rockets recorded it on Snag Records published by Samana Music/BMI, I believe. The number is KBOW00616 S-101. The address listed on the record label is 142 W. 8th St., Jacksonville, Florida. The flip side is Night Train, also sung by Gene Norman.

I am looking for this 45 vinyl record as a surprise gift for a dear friend of mine who has been trying to find it for quite a while now with no success. If you have a copy of this record that you would be willing to sell, or know how I can find one, can you please get back to me at my email address, barbara@fdarms.com and include a $$ amount if you have it and would sell it to me.

Anything anyone can do to help me locate this just about impossible to find vinyl record would be very greatly appreciated.
barbarabotwinick

Re: vinyl record with song written by Chet Atkins

Postby barbarabotwinick » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:54 pm

I am assuming that the higher price is an original and not a repro? what is the condition - it states "p" ?? I don't see an explanation of it. please let me know...
barbarabotwinick

Postby JohnBinns » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:06 am

Vinyl standards page on that site:

http://gemm.com/info.cgi/grading_standard

"P" Buyer beware!!!
JohnBinns

Postby barbarabotwinick » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:08 am

thanks for info - I think I will wait for a better copy of it- if anything comes along, please notify me.
barbarabotwinick

Postby thenorm » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:23 am

Hopefully you'll find someone with one to sell that's not as greedy. 150 clams for a disk in poor condition is terrible.
It would be a long shot but set up a search on e.bay that will automatically notify you if one becomes available
thenorm

Return to Announcement and News