Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain

Postby Richard Hudson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:49 pm

This has always been one of my most favorite songs. Written in 1945 by Fred Rose and first recorded by Mr. Acuff, Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.box.net/shared/ho7k17ptg6
Richard Hudson

Re: Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain

Postby BillB » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:17 am

Nice job, Richard! I remember when I first heard Willie sing that song, it was being played on a rock music radio station. I'd never heard anything quite like it. Wasn't long after, I was listening to it on my 8-track player in the car. Brings back some memories.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby Paul Rauch » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:20 am

That's very good. What guitar and amplifier are you using?
Paul Rauch

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:46 am

The electric rythym and lead was the NC. The Duane Eddy imitation was done on the CGP. The amp was the Rivera Sedona. It was a late night recording effort. This one has been on the back burner of my mind for a long time.
Richard Hudson

Postby Carl Martin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:33 am

Very nice Richard.
Carl...
Carl Martin

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Very enjoyable. Very good singing and playing.....with feeling! My late band leader used to sing this song at almost every performance with me backing him on guitar, and your version brought back some great memories.

Thanks'
Ronnie Evans
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Postby Alan Copeland » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Richard,

Man, that was great. I hope you put it on a CD sometime soon.
Alan Copeland

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:25 pm

You know most artists record material that they think listeners will want to hear. I am no different. After all, if no one listens, why do it? But I had a different motive in mind with this song. It has been trapped inside me for a long time and it got to the point that I just had to have a go at it, for myself if for no other reason. The song has been around for a long time but I am sure many of you would agree that Willie is the one that showed how emotional the song really is. I will admit that Willie's version influenced how I approached the song, but I have always heard other things to go with it. This is my first go at it. It is rough but I honestly had tears in my eyes when I stepped away from the microphone last night in my studio. I may try it again sometime with some refinements in mind. I believe I can do better.

You are all very kind to take the time to listen and make comments. It means a lot to me. Thank you all very much.

Richard
Richard Hudson

Postby GaryL » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:09 am

Richard,
Great performance, sounds great. I'd like more information on your studio if you don't mind.
What did you use to record? A computer? If yes, what type of program did you use. I'm looking to get a Digital Audio Workstation for my PC. I'm not sure what to get.
Thanks,
Gary
GaryL

Postby Richard Hudson » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Gary, I am using Sonar 8 for recording software. My sound card is an M Audio (don't remember the model #). I have Behringer self powered monitors and I use various microphones, depending on the situation. I have it set up so that it is a one man operation. I bring in other instruments from time to time - one at a time. It's a little crowded.
Richard Hudson

Next

Return to Audio files