"Papa's Knee" - arr by Reed and Keener

Watch and share videos from youtube

"Papa's Knee" - arr by Reed and Keener

Postby keener » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:22 pm

I think my favorite guitar licks of all time are the licks Reed used in the intro and break for Papa's Knee. I worked hard to learn those, as I know others of you have, but this week I got to wondering how it would sound if Tommy Jones had played it. Well, I ain't no Tommy Jones or Jerry Reed or anything but me, but my experimenting did result in a Slightly different arrangement of the tune:

http://youtu.be/nLm-bUaG_l0

In addition to dropping the 6th string to D, as Jerry did, I also drop the 3rd string to F#.
keener

Re: "Papa's Knee" - arr by Reed and Keener

Postby Tompicks » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Great job Bruce. Love this song. As always, I enjoy your videos and appreciate your creativity in arranging them and playing them.
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby bill_h » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Good work Bruce. As far as I'm concerned you can take Jerry's licks apart or Tommy's or anyone you want.

One of these days I'm gona work hard to learn Papa's Knee except I'll probably have to work a bit harder than everyone else.
bill_h

Postby keener » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:37 pm

Tom and Bill,

Thank you so much guys. This was a fun tune to work on because I love the song so much.

All my best
Bruce
keener

Postby Billy Anderson1 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:11 pm

Bruce, as usual, you did great. I used to like those Reed licks too, until I saw that Charo post. Now, I'll take her licks any old day! KOPAP. Billy
Billy Anderson1

Return to Video Files