Green Dolphin Street

Watch and share videos from youtube

Green Dolphin Street

Postby LarryD » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi All: Some time ago someone posted the link to Chet playing Green Dolphin Street while in London. I really would love to have that link again. Thanks much. Larry
LarryD

Re: Green Dolphin Street

Postby emjaybee94 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:12 am

Hi Larry,

The link for the Twuckenham seminar (which includes On Green Dolphin Street) can be found on Al Baggetta's excellent site at:

http://208.68.104.115/baggetta/ChetAtki ... r_1983.htm

I've made a U Tube video of the piece, which you can accessed by searching "emjaybee63". It's not the same at Chet's version as I use a different ending. Mike Joyce has made a very accurate tab of Chet's version, again on Al's site.

Hope this helps
Regards
Mike
emjaybee94

Postby LarryD » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:48 am

Hi Mike: Good to chat with you. I have your version and like it a lot. Do you plan on more downloads in the future?

Thanks again. Larry
LarryD

Postby emjaybee94 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:31 am

Hi Larry,
I have about 70 tunes in my gig repertoire, a few of which would, no doubt, be regarded as filler, and a few "iffy" pieces that I sometimes get away with. There's probably another 20 that I would consider for U Tube, but it's finding the time and the right mental attitude to record them. I don't find sitting and playing in front of a camera a very easy pastime. I seem to play them a lot better at gigs, so perhaps I should imagine an audience in my front room. Anybody any ideas on that? Thanks for your support though.

Regards
Mike
emjaybee94

Postby LarryD » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:26 am

Hi Mike: I defer to your experience. I rarely play in front of an audience, unless grandchildren count !!!

Keep on Playng !

Best, Larry
LarryD

Postby David Elliott » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:35 pm

Larry,

During this same performance, Chet and Paul played a tune called 'Just Like Yesterday', written and recorded by Earl Klugh (one of my favorite guitarists). Chet said he "really liked the tune", and I agree, it has a very beautiful melody, and of course Chet played a beautiful fingerstyle rendition of it!

I have this video recording on my computer, but unfortunately it's a huge file, (54 mb!) and as such is really too big to e-mail. But if you'd like to listen to the tune (played by Earl), it's on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmYHkQhDisI

David
David Elliott

Postby LarryD » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:42 pm

David: Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. That was indeed a beautiful tune, reminiscent of a time gone by. Thanks so much.

Larry
LarryD

Return to Video Files