Fender Deluxe Reverb fans

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Re: Fender Deluxe Reverb fans

Postby guitarchuck » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:32 pm

It's been a while since I had one, but I think I put the treble about 3-4 and the bass at about 6-7. I think I maybe put the reverb on 3-4. The Deluxe Reverb is a fairly bright sounding amp. Like I said, it's been a while. I've been playing through the Standel clone the last few years. It's a subjective thing, Most electronic components have tolerances of 10-20%, so as Norm says "Your mileage may vary" :D It would be interesting to see what settings other owners put theirs on.
guitarchuck

Postby Paul Rauch » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:27 am

I had an early Twin Reverb for about thirty five years. I still have a Cyber Twin. I would like to try a Steel King next. I've heard good things about them. Comments would be appreciated.
Paul Rauch

Postby albertgen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:43 am

I bought my Fender Deluxe Reverb RI about 10 years ago, It may have that speaker Chuck mentioned but it sounds great to me. Although now I am wondering about this C12 speaker. Al
albertgen

Postby guitarchuck » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Al,
Does your speaker have any kind of label on it?
guitarchuck

Postby albertgen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi Chuck, the label says Fender special design, Eminence speaker. Al
albertgen

Postby guitarchuck » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:32 pm

Al,
If you are happy with the stock speaker, I would leave it alone. Eminence speakers are good speakers, in fact I bought an Eminence Lil' Texas neo speaker for my Deluxe Reverb project that I'm building. I'm not sure if Fender always used the same Eminence speaker in the early reissues or not. I know they tend to use what is available. I'm pretty sure they used two different Jensens of recent. I had a 1966 Deluxe Reverb that had an old in-effecient Oxford that sounded great, so I left it in there. I'm anxious to here what the Eminence Lil" Texas Neo speaker will sound like in my Deluxe Reverb build, It's a very effecient speaker and very light weight. It will probably be a few months before I get everything for it and get it built though. Bill Park ordered a Jensen C12K for a small amp that he has. I'll be interested to hear what he thinks of that speaker.
guitarchuck

Postby guitarchuck » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:07 pm

Well, I've been doing some searching, I may have posted some incorrect info. :oops: It seems all that I can find out is: The early Fender Deluxe Reverb re-issues used a Fender Special Design by Eminence speaker, which is really a Eminence Legend 125 according to some sources. Eminence says that that speaker has a 100.1db sensitivity rating, which is very effecient. The Jensen C12K, the current speaker in the re-issue has a 99.1db sensitivity rating. That's still a effecient speaker, but a little under the Eminence that was in the earlier re-issues. The Jensen is rated at 100w and the Eminence is 75w. I wasn't able to confirm that Fender put any other speakers in the standard re-issue Deluxe Reverb amps. They have put some different speakers in some limited editions. I never bought a Fender Deluxe Reverb re-issue new, so it's highly likely that the speaker could have be changed out in some of those that I had.
guitarchuck

Postby albertgen » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:25 am

Hi Chuck, yes I am am pleased with the sound, I mean it's not a JBL but it sounds pretty good to me, thanks Al
albertgen

Previous

Return to Guitars and Equipment